Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you are aware that there is a herbicide the golf courses are using to treat this nightmare. It’s called Poacure and has been tested by a Virginia university for a few years now. There is a 4 minute youtube video about it. At this time, it is strictly labeled for golf course use only and labeled for such in just about all the states. Not sure when, or even if will be given the go ahead and registered for any turf other than the golf course Industry. Used on both cool and warm season turf. Go to their website to see if your state has it registered; it is for Delaware

Anybody out there have a relationship with a golf course super? Any golf course guys out there that are using it or know someone who is? I heard about this product about a year ago from a professor at the university of Delaware.

Reactions: Johnny79

·
Registered
11,731 Posts
It is extremely unlikely to reach the residential turf market. Poacure was the creation of a small lab in South Korea. They do not have the resources needed to go through the testing needed to register it outside of golf.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The prof at the University of Delaware met with only person from this company last year who over sees the entire US, so yea, I can see it being a long shot. He was given a sample and will be showing his results during an expo in August

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I’ve had good success using Aneuw to suppress it. This was year one in a trouble lawn and you can’t tell where any of the triv was.

I’m in the transition zone and triv usually goes away with our summers but sticks out like crazy in spring

Reactions: Hineline

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was this on cool or warm season turf? I’m in the transition zone also and I tried aneuw own my own lawn which is fescue with mixed results. What rate were you using? And how often? Were you using GDD or another way? I still have some aneuw, but need to wait until next year to use it.

I was experimenting with tenacity to try and control it but really didn’t do anything, and certainty is not an option

Reactions: Johnny79

·
Registered
347 Posts
Was this on cool or warm season turf? I’m in the transition zone also and I tried aneuw own my own lawn which is fescue with mixed results. What rate were you using? And how often? Were you using GDD or another way? I still have some aneuw, but need to wait until next year to use it.

I was experimenting with tenacity to try and control it but really didn’t do anything, and certainty is not an

I was experimenting with tenacity to try and control it but really didn’t do anything, and certainty is not an option
Not many options In cool season turf

·
Premium Member
8,859 Posts
I have had pretty good results keeping POA to a minimum with a late October round of indaziflam at almost full rate. This year not so much. Had a lot lot of breakthrough. We did have an extremely wet spring though. On those that did complain I went back out with revolver and took it out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have had pretty good results keeping POA to a minimum with a late October round of indaziflam at almost full rate. This year not so much. Had a lot lot of breakthrough. We did have an extremely wet spring though. On those that did complain I went back out with revolver and took it out.
This is warm season correct?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Can you spot spray anuw?

I ran 1 lb per acre Aneuw and have only done it once this year. It seems to have suppressed the yellow color of the trivalis. Not sure if it will be something I do every year. I tried it last year on mine and kind of like the idea of slowing growth while getting good fertilizer to strengthen roots.

I suppose you could spot spray the trivalis but that might really slow the growth in that spot? Uneven lawn?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice, I have a ton in a few of my lawns I was a today, it looks horrible and I don't even think they know, I might use anuew and see if that helps if not I'm gonna have to skip the fall seeding and just use a pre emergent an see how that does, oh I have a few lawns that are getting Bermuda in them and that **** is hard to kill, I think I have it starting to grow in my lawn also.
I ran 1 lb per acre Aneuw and have only done it once this year. It seems to have suppressed the yellow color of the trivalis. Not sure if it will be something I do every year. I tried it last year on mine and kind of like the idea of slowing growth while getting good fertilizer to strengthen roots.

I suppose you could spot spray the trivalis but that might really slow the growth in that spot? Uneven lawn?
Th
I'm going full blown Aneuw program apps on cool season lawns I've installed and other newer lawns. Not all that costly to apply.
Did you start yet, spot or blanket, let us k own your results, good luck 👍

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I think broadcasting is the proper way to go about it. If I remember, anuew needs to be sprayed every 200 GGD after the first app. Depending on your location, you could be doing quite a few apps to suppress it fully. I did 3 apps on my own lawn when I tried it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nice, I have a ton in a few of my lawns I was a today, it looks horrible and I don't even think they know, I might use anuew and see if that helps if not I'm gonna have to skip the fall seeding and just use a pre emergent an see how that does, oh I have a few lawns that are getting Bermuda in them and that **** is hard to kill, I think I have it starting to grow in my lawn also.

Th

Did you start yet, spot or blanket, let us k own your results, good luck 👍
I started blanket apps this week on customer lawns. We've had a very slow green up and fill in of lawns in NE Ohio and it wasn't until now that I felt comfortable enough to suppress growth. I even pumped up the N a little in advance on these specific lawns.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think broadcasting is the proper way to go about it. If I remember, anuew needs to be sprayed every 200 GGD after the first app. Depending on your location, you could be doing quite a few apps to suppress it fully. I did 3 apps on my own lawn when I tried it
Prograss
I started blanket apps this week on customer lawns. We've had a very slow green up and fill in of lawns in NE Ohio and it wasn't until now that I felt comfortable enough to suppress growth. I even pumped up the N a little in advance on these specific lawns.
I have a 4-gallon backpack that I use and it's a little confusing to figure out my rate, if I were to blanket spray would I use 1 oz per K, so 4 oz? is that correct?

·
Registered
347 Posts
The recommended rate for poa suppression is 4ounces/A
The recommended rate for poa suppression is 4ounces/A
thanks for the feedback
I was looking at the quality enhancement turf grown for sod, I see now it's 4-8 oz for poa but that says for fairways and roughs, anyway, is this possible to convert if I was using a backpack? seems like I would useing hardly any chemical? maybe im wrong

1 - 20 of 24 Posts