pocket knife you carry for work

redmax fan

LawnSite Silver Member
cold steel large voyager $40 off ebay

has reputation for the strongest lock up = tri-ad lock back design . huge factor

very good gripping handle , another huge factor in why i like it

best blade shape = clip point

very well made with zero wobble , thats the other huge factor - its sturdy

theres different sizes , the large has 4" blade ands the one ive carried for a few years . solid work knife that is too big to carry loose in pocket so you use the clip . i carry on my dominant hand side and its so large it sort of renders that pocket useless for anything else but that dont matter to me . xl is too big to carry , and medium is liked by alot of guys on youtube but the large is the favorite . and i agree because its a heavy workin knife plus a serious self defense item if needed

video : http://youtu.be/ltQQka4l7pE

ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Steel-...048429?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item2c83b21a2d

edit : plastic handle but the handle has steel liners for sturdiness . and you notice in vid that the blade pivots easily when unlocking , well for me the one in vid pivots too easily but you can tighten it up to more stiffly pivot so that you have to use thumb or whatever to close it shut

Last edited:

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
cold steel large voyager $40 off ebay

has reputation for the strongest lock up = tri-ad lock back design . huge factor

very good gripping handle , another huge factor in why i like it

best blade shape = clip point

very well made with zero wobble , thats the other huge factor - its sturdy

theres different sizes , the large has 4" blade ands the one ive carried for a few years . solid work knife that is too big to carry loose in pocket so you use the clip . i carry on my dominant hand side and its so large it sort of renders that pocket useless for anything else but that dont matter to me . xl is too big to carry , and medium is liked by alot of guys on youtube but the large is the favorite . and i agree because its a heavy workin knife plus a serious self defense item if needed

video : http://youtu.be/ltQQka4l7pE

ebay : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cold-Steel-...048429?pt=US_Knives_Tools&hash=item2c83b21a2d

edit : plastic handle but the handle has steel liners for sturdiness . and you notice in vid that the blade pivots easily when unlocking , well for me the one in vid pivots too easily but you can tighten it up to more stiffly pivot so that you have to use thumb or whatever to close it shut

Mines a Gerber multi tool…the one with the pocket clip and no holster.
I bought it after I lost my Leatherman of the same type/style (pocket clip minimalist type)

I didn't buy another weatherman, because it didn't have a screw driver option.
Which I thought was dumb.

I also carry a pocket clip razor knife for the dirty nasty cutting stuff because of the disposable blades.

alldayrj

LawnSite Gold Member
Right now its a kershaw 1660st half serrated half straight. Very slim knife which i need since i keep it clipped to the inside of my phone pocket. Used to carry a CRKT KISS. Usually change it up every few months to a year when i sit somewhere and it slides off and i lose it
Posted via Mobile Device

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
Swat edition S&W, multi tool stays in truck 9mm stays on side lol

OP
redmax fan

redmax fan

LawnSite Silver Member
heres knives i bought but didnt like , to me the cold steel large voyagers a sturdier / better gripping / better locking knife than all of them . i bought a second voyager because they change designs then eventually you cant buy certain ones . i like this knife so much im gonna store a couple more :

cold steel code 4

crkt desert big dog

crkt crawford casper

crkt hammond desert cruiser

cold steel counterpoint

spyderco resilience

kershaw volt

gerber bear grylis survival series

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
I have some Cold Steel stuff to more like home defense decapitators though lol

OP
redmax fan

redmax fan

LawnSite Silver Member
my brother bought me the cold steel roman sword looking one which is a great home defense item , i dont know how sturdy it is as a machette but in a self defense conflict its a deadly weapon that nobodys gonna get by unless they have a gun or another sword

heres a self defense knife i just saw from cold steel that might be good , has an aluminum handle for sturdiness :

http://www.pvk.com/webcat/ColdSteelChaosTrenchKnifeTE.shtml

gcbailey

LawnSite Gold Member
I haven't carried a folding knife for 15 years due to 95% of folders will fail if you really put them into a situation. A nice fixed blade is by far the best and safest way to go. I prefer the ESEE line Randall's. Made in the USA and has a no question lifetime warranty regardless of the owner. I also carry a Leatherman because you always need a set of pliers.

IMG_1652 (Medium).jpg

IMG_1652 (Medium).jpg

southerntide

LawnSite Fanatic
My fav is the gurkha kukri lol

Top Forums