1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pole pruner heads

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimmyStew, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JimmyStew

JimmyStew LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for some recommendations on a decent pole pruner/pruner head - not a powered unit, the "old-fasioned" kind!

2. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

I like Marvin.

3. JimmyStew

Marvin looks like a decent saw. Has anyone heard of/used Jameson pole pruners? I did the online quote for Marvin and it says that the fiberglass poles are 40+ lbs for a 6' section. Is that acurate???

4. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

These days, I won't use anything other than the fiberglass sections that connect end to end. Consider a separate saw attachement with the aluminum hook, and a separate attachment for the lopper part.

Silky has some refined pole pruners. I use the one with the folding blade which is nifty for storage.

If you go to my advice index...

Articles Index > Look for "pruning tools"

Look for the "pruning tools" topic. Or pruning equipment, however I worded it. Not pruning advice, but pruning tools. Seems I have a video linked from that pruning tools page showing exactly what I use.

5. JimmyStew

Oops, 40 ounces! I went with a Marvin package. It came on Friday and seems like a real solid unit. I think it will do me well and last quite a while.