1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Poly dump beds

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LB Landscaping, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Anyone seen the poly dump beds??? Dealer near me has had one on the lot for a while. Looks neat, they claim it has the same strength as a steel bed.

2. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Never seen them before. Have seen poly liners for beds. It would be neat to check out a website with info about them though!

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

like this one?

dump-pro.com

tn-img4.jpg

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Can't seem to find any websites. The truck is at a local Chevy dealer, its on a 3500. The body is a 10ft dump bed, the bottom is a sheet of white ploy that is probably about 3/4 of an inch thick, sides look like they are linex'd but its poly as well. I am looking for a new dump and thought that it was kind of interesting.

5. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

I can't picture it in my head dumping 2-3 yards or dirt, or 4-5 yards of mulch, without flexing like a mofo.

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

It has a steel frame poly bottom and sides. Looks pretty sturdy, more support than my steel dump bed has. The entire steel frame has a linex material on it.

7. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Your are talking about the rugged landscape body from ABC. I am shopping for a new truck and that is the body i am going with. I have an absolute obsession about my dump bed rusting and i am hopping this will be the answer. Another huge benefits of those bodies is that they are much lighter than a steel body. Like 900lbs!! That means you can carry more when loaded and less when empty.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

yup its made by ABC, I imagine it is stronger than a rack body with a wooden floor.