1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Poly pipe Mainifold Pics

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 2, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

The trench and zone feeds from a far....look @ that walk..I got under it in 1 hr with out water..I got a inch and 1/4 sleve,1 inch poly,13 strand wire...

easest walkway ever on record for myself..
    [​IMG]

Sideview of the feed to mainifold...I had to couple 1 inch poly and run a wire in the trench..
    [​IMG]

Here you have 4 Z feeds...2 upper 2 lower and a 9 strand with 1 inch main going to back faucet for a future application..Always think of the future to the customer/homeowner....we pull a pipe and wire with faucet installed for about 200$$..but its worth it in 2 years when all we have to do is tap into the back yard and be square.

[​IMG]

Step 1 I usually attach the valves to mainifold T's with tape and rector seal for the extra snug...of course for lawnsite i made them all straight....
    hehe

[​IMG]

Different angle

[​IMG]

Gluing and taking pictures sure dont mix..but here is my finished product..
    [​IMG]

Lately I have been duct taping the male barb's on the valves..I know its for pups but i took no chances in this appliction..I always keep the mainifold on the parts bucket out of way of dirt

[​IMG]

The before trench pic of no valves...
    [​IMG]

After the installment of the valves..@ this point in time i was sweating bullets..Ive lost over 15 lbs so far this year...Notice the main not connected yet....
    [​IMG]

The working of getting the main over to the back yard with out dealing with the mainifold..and ofcourse we had a combo T installed and funnied for future instalation of a pgp # 4.

[​IMG]

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Heh, MPT valves.

Who was the genius who thought of those?

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

dude dont you have a Rainbird Catalog to curl up to?

4. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

From Texasville it looks like fine work. You poly guys can fight over details.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

Thank you RP.
    people pay 600$ a zone for something like this took me 5 hours
    (of course after I brought the main out)

6. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a problem with 'em? On a poly system and properly set up they should last a long time.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

I have been workig on poly pipe systmes with same set up that are 15 years or so...It works...And if it aint broke Drity water....FIX IT!

8. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

Rotard how do you get so many pics on a post and your sentences in between? I'll research the help section of Lawnsite but maybe you can speed up my learning curve.

9. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Everything looks good, except of course the saddle tee.

10. Greenguy1

Greenguy1 LawnSite Member

Yep , I liked everything I saw except that saddle, I never used one I could trust except blazing saddle or equivalent