1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Poly Reel-Holder

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mrgreen3, Apr 7, 2007.

  1. mrgreen3

    mrgreen3 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 34

    OK,Long thread awhile back and a bit funny,however,no answers. I'm looking for a holder/reel for one inch poly,preferably with wheels. I know they are out there,I've used them before helping out another firm,but for the life of me can't find the source..Any help would be appreciated..
  2. bdb

    bdb LawnSite Member
    Messages: 74

    There is a company in Blaine, MN. Kaercher Inc. They make pipe pullers and accessories.
  3. aric43085

    aric43085 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio
    Messages: 71

    turn the poly sidways and it will unroll itself.
  4. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 50,553

    There might have been something like a poly pipe reel in the old King Products line, but it may be long gone by now, especially since over-taping of some poly pipe rolls made it impossible to not have a man holding the roll, ready to pull or cut tape.
  5. bdb

    bdb LawnSite Member
    Messages: 74

    Charter Plastics??
  6. Kartanimal29

    Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.
    Messages: 209

    I've been looking for one for years. I think I'm gonna build one, seams pretty simple. Some 1 bye square stock , 2 wheel's and something to rotate the cage. probably cost ya around $60 to build.
  7. PurpHaze

    PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,496

    Sounds like a larger plumber's "sewer snake" cage. :)
  8. mwardy

    mwardy LawnSite Member
    Messages: 23

    I found a used one a few years back. They work good. The pivot is a boat seat swivel. It would be easy to make one. Your onthe right track with 1" square tube.
  9. bicmudpuppy

    bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,781

    At the risk of stepping beyond the discussion, I have never understood the need for a poly roll rack like we are talking about. The ones I have seen are very pricey. Reams Sprinkler Supply used to carry one in the KC metro area. Not sure how far their coverage area goes.

    BUT, I always prefered to "shake out" the pipe myself before a pull. As has been mentioned, over-taping has been a problem of late and "seeing" the pipe is never a bad thing. I connect the roll to the finger, and then take a few steps back to stretch things out. Then kick of 4-6 "loops" of pipe. Flip the roll to reverse the "twist" and kick off 4-6 "loops" again. flip and repeat until you have enough pipe out to make your pull. A second pair of eyes at the point of entry is a good idea, but not always practical (I'm not the only guy pulling solo out there). In this case, I take the roll and "loops" down toward the direction I am pulling, or in a spot so I can watch the pipe and make sure things keep moving.
  10. Duramaxsle1

    Duramaxsle1 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 220

    They have them here. http://www.utimachines.com
    I have one and it works great....ask for Mike he is the owner.

Share This Page