1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Polymer Sand

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mbella, Jan 10, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I would like to ask you guys what brand of polymer sand you are using. How do you like it? I was using Techo, but on the last few jobs I noticed it was leaving a haze. Please, no instructions. We always make sure the pavers are dry, sweep it in, blow it off and then spray a mist.

I called one of the Techo salesman and he said that others complained about the same thing. He then assured me that it would weather. I believe him because on the first job where I noticed the haze, it is beginning to fade. However, I don't want to have keep explaining to homeowners that it will fade and not to worry about it, so I am switching.

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Unilock poly sand

3. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Any problems?

4. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

Nope never had a problem

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

same stuff i use with no problems

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,

We use Techniseal(sp). Never had a haze or any other problems. I think it costs us about $19/ bag. If I buy by the skid I can get it for $16/bag. payup

Chris

7. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

We use Supersand, I believe that's what it is called. Never had a problem with it.