Pond Job

HPSInc

LawnSite Senior Member
Got a call last week on this pond clearing job. They wanted it cleared around from the edge about 10ft. I guess nobody else wanted to do it cause they had been waiting on estimates going on 2 months from several companies. My schedule is already slammed, but decided to schedule this the following week after I looked at it and try to bang it out in 1 day. Never did anything like this before. I bought an attachment for my stihl kombi and an 82 tooth stihl saw blade to do the dirty work. Was definitely different from our norm. We worked our butts off on this. But for the $ it was hard to pass up and well worth the effort.

pond.png

pond1.png

pond2.png

pond3.png

pond4.png

pond5.png

pond6.png

pond8.png

OP
H

HPSInc

LawnSite Senior Member
the kombi is sweet. up until now all I had was the hedge shear attachment. I bought the kombi specifically for a big trim job a couple years back and we use it all the time still. Saves us from having to use step ladders. I bought the brushcutter attachment, 82 tooth saw blade, , and a 3ft extension for this pond job but only used the extension for a couple minutes before deciding it would be easier to manhandle the kombi without it. I spent $220 on the new attachments and was ready to clear some cattails! So having the Kombi already was great.

94gt331

LawnSite Bronze Member
the kombi is sweet. up until now all I had was the hedge shear attachment. I bought the kombi specifically for a big trim job a couple years back and we use it all the time still. Saves us from having to use step ladders. I bought the brushcutter attachment, 82 tooth saw blade, , and a 3ft extension for this pond job but only used the extension for a couple minutes before deciding it would be easier to manhandle the kombi without it. I spent $220 on the new attachments and was ready to clear some cattails! So having the Kombi already was great.

That looks like a fun and different job. You must have had to have some muck boots or waders for that job. Looks good, kudo's for making the money that others past on.

OP
H

HPSInc

LawnSite Senior Member
it was fun and very different. I wouldn't shy away from doing more of these. I was asked last year to do this to 3 ponds elsewhere, Was offered 15k if I could do it and I passed. looking back I should have done it. Its was tiring and we smelled like sewer rats when finished but made some great money on it. I also just signed a 3 year contract for the whole place we just did this pond at. Snow plowing and landscape/mowing maintenance. its 56 homes now, going up to about 75 homes. Should end up around 200k+ after 3 years with the addition of new homes being built and maintained by us. And the extras that come with accounts like this are endless. the current company does very poor work as if they just don't care. I already cant wait for next spring lol

Top Forums