1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pond project starting today.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lite4, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, here is a project we started today. Pond is 60 x 37 and will be 4' deep at its deepest point. It will have triple cored drilled boulders in the center of the pond as fountain/falls. There will be a bog filter at one end and an 8 x 8 dock on the other. Paver patio and fire pit by the trees (which will get spaced out a bit better than the homeowner did.) I will post pictures at the end of each day as we progress through it. We are setting up for a Home show Wed - fri so there won't be any progress on those days. I will be using an Aquascape Grande Skimmer with a 10,600 gph pump for the falls in the center and a 7500 gph pump for the bog filter.

dahl0001.JPG

dahl0002.JPG

2. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

sweet.....

3. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Okay Tim, If you build this behemoth pond and still pull off some sweet lighting demos this week I will know you are a superhero. That is going to be really cool. I am anxious to see how you do the dock over liner.

I have been thinking of the possibilities of ways to place boardwalks, decks, docks etc over epdm liner. i.e. Do you pour a pier over the epdm? I will wait for the photos and see.

Thanks for posting.

4. Lite4

yes, I will be pouring pier blocks for the posts. Wait until you see the boulders I am coring for this fountain, they are very nice. The largest rock weighs about 4300 lbs. I ran into a bassalt ledge while digging yesterday, so I will have to bring out the excavator to finish the shaping.

5. Lite4

Ron, probably no lighting demos this week with setting up for a home show this weekend. but I am sure to have one at the first of the week. Stay tuned.

6. Fishwhiz

Fishwhiz LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

what do you estimate the power bill will be to pump all the water???

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

time to get the mini-ex in there my man

8. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

state tune for the next pictures

9. Lite4

I am taking the mini ex out on friday and finishing the shaping of the pond. I am having the 3 boulders core drilled tomorrow. We should be done with the pond and patio by next friday. I will post more progress photos on friday.

10. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome, can't wait Tim. If you get a chance I would like to see a photo pouring the pier on the liner.