1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pool Coping with Pavers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jwholden, Mar 31, 2003.

1. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

Has anyone here ever used pavers around a pool and installed coping around a vinyl lined inground pool. I asked my supplier today and they recommended either leaving the plastic edge for the cement on and putting a 12" cement lip surrounded by pavers or using mortar or adhesive to stick the pavers on. I would love to hear some real world experience with this question!

Thanks guys,

John

sidewalkpltg100ppi.jpg

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I have done many interlock jobs around inground pools. I just brick right up to the edge of the plastic coping. If you decide to cover the coping, just make sure that their liner is in top shape. I can't imagine covering it with brick or cement.

When you referred to coping are you talking about step caps. Or pool coping? I need more info.

3. Ya i`d need more info . we recently had an inground pool installed
    and i might be able to help.

4. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

The pool has a 3-4" thick black plastic 'liner' and the cement lip is screwed to the top of that. The homeowner said there is a 1 1/2 to 2' layer of cement behind the plastic liner. It seems I could just mortar a bullnose coping paver on the edge of this and then butt my pavers right up to the bullnose. I see pictures of this in the paver catalogs and it looks great.

I know how to use a level and have a transit and think this is in my reach but I would love to hear exactly what I need to keep in mind when biddin and hpefull doing this type of job.

Thanks again,

John:)