1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pool hole fill in.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Dontpush421, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Dontpush421

Dontpush421 LawnSite Member

Hey guys quick ? I have an old pool hole to fill in and I estimate about 6.5 tons total dirt needed including top soil, how much would you guys charge to do this and I can back right up to the hole, the back fill cost me $2 a truck load the dirt is free but they charge me $2 to load not sure if that is per scoop which is a yard or a load which could be 2 scoops either way ur only talkin $10 at most for back fill. top soil might cost $30 so $40 total for dirt plus gas. might take an hour or two just me no one to pay. I think if I make $100 I'd be happy but just wondering what you guys would like to make off of a job like that, everyone says I dont make enough on my jobs but I just started this year and really dont have much work so any money I make is good I guess. I have another job to pay the bills.

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I did one recently. I figured something like this:

-Fill $100
    -Loam $100
    -Seed, roll, starter fert $150

It took 3 hrs or so. But that is in my area.

3. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Is this a full size inground pool? If it is it would take longer and more material to fill it. Sounds like a lot of work to only make 100 bucks.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

are you gonna pack the fill? or is it gonna slowly be a sink hole?

5. Dontpush421

Well I figure I could just back up to it and dump it in all I would have to do is rake it a little and no its not an in ground pool just a small above ground on unlevel ground plus it has been gone for awhile it looks like so there really not much to do and I asked about packing and the guy just wants it filled in no grass or anything he just doesnt have a way to haul the dirt basicly. and the deepest spot is about 2 ft lowest 5 inches, might not even take 6 tons I just didnt want to under do it I'll start with 3 ton and mabe all I will need is a little top soil. and I dont have anything else lined up this week except for my lawns so even if it takes me 4 hours it still 25 an hour which is 15 more then I would make workin for someone else. but no one said what they would try to make off of it that is all I was really wondering.

6. Dontpush421

I got $500 for the job and I talked him into letting me use a tamper. Thaanks guys for the info