Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, I had a cusomer call today, stating that the pool is stained with nitrogen. This is what the pool company is telling her. My employee claims he is very careful to not get granular fert in her pool. Is there a way to test blue stain in pool, to see if it is fertilizer?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
chances are it was iron,,,in time it will go away ...
i don't care how carful one is you are going to get fert. in the pool...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back. The stins are on the bottom of the plaster pool. Her pool service claims it's from the fert. I checked with a pool store asst. manager,and she said she would be happy to explain to the lady that fertilizer will not stain a pool. It will cause the water to become cloudy, but will not stain. Should I look into this further, or just take the asst. mgrs word for it?

·
Registered
554 Posts
If theres any iron in the fert. it will make a rust stain.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nitrogen in a pool will not stain. It will turn the entire pool algae green on a warm sunny day if you get too much, though.

Whatever happens, don't spread a fertilizer blend with iron around a pool. They'll be draining the pool to remove those iron spots and you'll pay through the nose for that. One of my customers said her former guy did that and it cost her $500 to drain the pool and remove those stains. Not sure if she made the fertilizer company pay for that or not.

Later,
DFW, TX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.