Popped A Car Window in the Parking Lot last night - ugh

cold-beer

LawnSite Senior Member
Popped my own driver' side window last season. I was scalping the cracks on a sidewalk on a commercial parking lot. I saw my window explode out of the corner of my eye.

I busted a customer's sliding glass window 2 years ago (according to them).
I could see it being true because I was taking out weeds in a side parking space at an over 55 park that was 3/4 minus gravel. Only problem was that I was probably close to 40 feet from the window. It must have been like Babe Ruth connected with that little rock, but I did not dispute it. I had a buddy replace it and payed $330 out of hand.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
Popped my own driver' side window last season. I was scalping the cracks on a sidewalk on a commercial parking lot. I saw my window explode out of the corner of my eye.

I busted a customer's sliding glass window 2 years ago (according to them).
I could see it being true because I was taking out weeds in a side parking space at an over 55 park that was 3/4 minus gravel. Only problem was that I was probably close to 40 feet from the window. It must have been like Babe Ruth connected with that little rock, but I did not dispute it. I had a buddy replace it and payed $330 out of hand.
You can break a tempered side car glass by throwing a small shard of porcelain that is broken off a spark plug. So launching a small sharp rock at distance could easily do it. Blunt force has a harder time breaking it. It needs all the force, no matter how little, to be directed into the smallest possible area.

I learned this about 20 years ago when learning how to cut open cars on the rescue squad.

Top Forums