1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Portable Fuel station

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Drew Gemma, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I am kicking around the idea of adding a split fuel tank to my isuzu box truck? I need something that mounts to the underside of the truck. I want something to hold gas in one and mix in the other. Also I want a manualy pumped unit (no electric). What brands are out their and where do I find one? Cost? Problems? Likes? Dislikes? 2007 Isuzu NQR(5500) 176 WB

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the blitz fuel station. I have herd that metal containers have a problem collecting water vapor inside the tank and getting water in the fuel? has anyone herd of this or have any problems?

4. snowman55

snowman55 LawnSite Member
    from middle

I got 2 of those gemplers couple of years ago after waiting 6 weeks on back order they came and leaked like a sieve. no one would answer my phone calls so I called credit card co and stopped payment. I still got 2 sitting in the rafters. pile of junk where the hose mounts to the tank leaks the design is a joke. anyone want them?

5. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

You can check out www.northerntool.com www.transferflow.com for ideas, and I thought someone on this site builds an under-box/along-frame fuel station as you mentioned? I'm sure it's costly, but you generally get what you pay for.