Porter Services

JFGLN

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm curious about Porter services. Do you offer them? What has been you experiences doing this type of work?

The reason I ask is I found out one of my clients has a a day porter. I see they empty a couple of gabage cans, clean around the dumpster and pick up litter in the parking lot. We also pick up litter weekly and clean around the dumpster so it seems to me they are getting $660 a month to empty and clean 2 garbage cans. :dizzy:

Crazy 4 grass

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm curious about Porter services. Do you offer them? What has been you experiences doing this type of work?

The reason I ask is I found out one of my clients has a a day porter. I see they empty a couple of gabage cans, clean around the dumpster and pick up litter in the parking lot. We also pick up litter weekly and clean around the dumpster so it seems to me they are getting $660 a month to empty and clean 2 garbage cans. :dizzy:
Sounds like good money, dont let em call you garbage boy though

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I have never been embarrassed about picking up garbage. People can laugh if they want but I'm getting well compensated. :nod:
I tried explaining to crew member before trash duties come with commercial jobs and should be priced into the jobpayup

snomaha

LawnSite Bronze Member
We have several accounts where portering services are required 7 days a week, 365 days a year. With COVID, many companies ramped up portering services and added disinfecting trash cans too.

ShowCaseLawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
It’s actually a big business down here in south west florida. A lot of condo associates pay people to do this also the blow out the walkways, usually pressure clean the walkways as well.

Top Forums