Porter Services

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm curious about Porter services. Do you offer them? What has been you experiences doing this type of work?

The reason I ask is I found out one of my clients has a a day porter. I see they empty a couple of gabage cans, clean around the dumpster and pick up litter in the parking lot. We also pick up litter weekly and clean around the dumpster so it seems to me they are getting $660 a month to empty and clean 2 garbage cans. :dizzy:
We do on a limited basis
Some customers ask for it
But it’s not something we advertise
We also sweep parking lots (we have a couple street sweepers and loaders with angle brooms , sweep attachments plus the walk behind power brooms )
We really should market that side of things better

justamanandamower

LawnSite Member
I'm curious about Porter services. Do you offer them? What has been you experiences doing this type of work?

The reason I ask is I found out one of my clients has a a day porter. I see they empty a couple of gabage cans, clean around the dumpster and pick up litter in the parking lot. We also pick up litter weekly and clean around the dumpster so it seems to me they are getting $660 a month to empty and clean 2 garbage cans. :dizzy:
I don’t currently offer these services, but I have quoted jobs for it. The ones I’ve dealt with require much ore than picking up trash. Some things I’ve seen is cleaning cob webs under storefront ceilings weekly, inspecting empty units weekly, flushing toilets in empty units weekly, cleaning windows of empty units, and a bunch more.

Jim

Just A Man And A Mower LLC
Spring Hill, FL
www.justamanandamower.com

Richard Carey

LawnSite Member
When I bid commercial we bid everything outdoors, including porter services, which are trash can emptying, re-lining the can w/bag, and yes disinfectant now, before we used to power wash cans 2x month, now weekly, and daily sanitize, we don’t sanitize door knobs/railing, unless requested, trash pick-up in beds, hard scrape, parking lots is a line item, parking lot sweeping bid daily, weekly, quarterly (depending on specs), night lighting checks, daytime bulb replacement, sign and obstructing foliage trimming (signs, lighting), irrigation checks/wet checks, parking/traffic marking painting, we sub out seal coating/asphalt work

ShowCaseLawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
When I bid commercial we bid everything outdoors, including porter services, which are trash can emptying, re-lining the can w/bag, and yes disinfectant now, before we used to power wash cans 2x month, now weekly, and daily sanitize, we don’t sanitize door knobs/railing, unless requested, trash pick-up in beds, hard scrape, parking lots is a line item, parking lot sweeping bid daily, weekly, quarterly (depending on specs), night lighting checks, daytime bulb replacement, sign and obstructing foliage trimming (signs, lighting), irrigation checks/wet checks, parking/traffic marking painting, we sub out seal coating/asphalt work

Sounds like one decent size property can keep a few guys busy ?

Richard Carey

LawnSite Member
Depending on service, we bill out a minimum of $45.00 p/hr/p/man, 3 man crew $135 p/hr, we bid almost everything, base out service on 30 weeks landscape/lawn maintenance, and add on spring/fall clean-up, fert/agchem programs, mulching, bed renovation, pruning programs, tree programs, enhancement plantings, irrigation service ($55.00p/hrplus materials) drain/catch basin cleaning $65.00 p/hr, snow work anywhere between $55.00- 275.00-/hr based on equipment used..a pretty comprehensive price platform, based on services bid, every property is a little different. We also bill on either a 8- or 12 month payment plan, to help client budget and for use to manage income flow.

Richard Carey

LawnSite Member
When I operated a company in the Cayman Islands, we would also offer our resort clients beach grooming, and storm seaweed removal from the beaches, priced on situation, volume of debris and disposal costs, we started at $90.00p/hr

Top Forums