Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.
Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2brothersyardcare, Jun 19, 2010.
Well ya it sucks but what do you use to get it off you'r tools and clothes?
The stuff releases some type of a oily substance so whatever you do,
don't wash with water or scratch because that only spreads it!
I have found washing my skin with a type of grease-cutting dishwashing
detergent such as Dawn works with some success but don't be afraid to go
HEAVY on the soap.
As for clothes, I just wash them and CAREFULLY add as much dishwashing detergent as
I can get away with but be DANG CAREFUL because the stuff WILL FOAM!!!
Might have to double wash.
Some folks say butter helps cut through the oil as well.
And I would recommend a degreaser but I'm not sure how that would work on skin, might be all right on clothes, not sure.
Lava or pumice type of automotive hand cleaner MIGHT work.
Cut the little dots in half and put vinager on it. It will hurt but it helps!
I think vodka works too!
But I use aveeno it's like a skin wash for dry and itchy skin and help cures poisin ivy.
Oh also don't scratch the family gym! Because it sux getting It there!
And if you want to stop the itching, turn the hot water on (as hot as you can stand) put it all over the affected area; it stops triggering the itch feeling!
Or you could scratch until you bleed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually, you shouldn't wash yourself with warm/hot water when you have it on you. It opens your pores and spreads the oils. Best to use cold water to get as much of the oils off as possible. That oil can "live" on clothes and tools for a long time after it's touch. Alcohol is a good wipe down method.
Here is a good one, when I was a child and got covered in it. My doctor told my mom to wash me down with beer, my father nearly had a cow when my mom grabbed a beer out of the fridge. From there on out, when I know that I got into it, I take a chilled beer, not cold, and rub it in and then take as cool of a shower as i can. Supposedly the beer is able to remove and rinse off the oil off your skin. who knew?
TECNU. Oak-n-ivy brand Tecnu. Apply to skin before messing with ivy. Wash clothes with it. It is great stuff. The forest service keeps this stuff in their first aid kits.
after I got it for the 5th time this year I finally went and got a shot and asked him what to use. He recommended Zanfel. I bought some, $35 for a little bitty tube. I haven't used it yet, since the shots haven't worn off, it's gotta be better than calamine though.
Try this at you own risk:
1. Get good and drunk
2. Poke all the blisters with a needle
3. Pour beach on your skin.
I once talked to a guy who swore this cleared up poison ivy over-night. I have yet to try it...
You don't poke the dots because if bleach get in your blood it will send to to the hospital. But you can put it over your your rash. It will also dry your skin.
Posted via Mobile Device
I didn't know there was a problem with poison ivy. You cut it, trim it, whatever, and go home. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that it has little to no effect on. I have one grass customer that has it all of the way down his fence. Kinda like English Ivy. I trim it vertically every week. It never bothers me.