1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Possible customer base purchase, determining valuation of annual accounts

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ijustwantausername, May 13, 2019.

1. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Raleigh

When I purchased Arborgold they asserted that they will not under any circumstances sell their database info, and they also intimated that Yardbook does.

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

It’s a demonstration of how to find the average profit with information given

hort101 likes this.
  3. Green Mentorship

Green Mentorship LawnSite Senior Member
    from Heaven

Ignore everyone else and just do this.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  4. Green Mentorship

Green Mentorship LawnSite Senior Member
    from Heaven

Experience speaking you're going to have better retention transitioning mid season than if it was done during a service dormancy period.

EricC likes this.
  5. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Advertising is cost of doing business
    That’s covered in overhead and has already been spent.

6. OP
    OP
    Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Silver Member

I like the cost averaging but he wants to 100% sell out now and be done with it so he can pay down some debt that he owes on the company before moving to Fl. I need to come up with an offer to completely acquire the accounts.

7. EricC

EricC LawnSite Senior Member

Don't be in a hurry to buy someone's debts. It's not worth it, unless it's for what it's worth, which is not much. Why does he want to sell out now? the answer is usually because the cash flow doesn't support the debt and a lifestyle and he's hoping someone else will take on debt so they can work to pay it rather than work to pay themselves. Don't be that person.

Jeff@diyokc and Mark Oomkes like this.
  8. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

How much are you willing to pay for these names? How much does it cost you to gain a client. Which one is cheaper?

sjessen likes this.
  9. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I would offer him $600.00 for every customer that signs a contract with you and leads to $1000.00 in revenue. If he has signed contracts and sells his company those contracts are null and void. and there is no guarantee they will sign with you.

Jeff@diyokc likes this.
  10. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job Ted! I concur.

However the more he explains, it sounds like he's about to commit bankruptcy and is looking to have some cash afterwords that can't be accounted for in the prebankruptcy discovery.

Jeff@diyokc likes this.