Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Lesco ZTR that is about to go out of warranty. At 12 hours, it had to have a new left side hydro pump (it just quit working suddenly). The new pump on the left side works fine. However, I have noticed that the ride side handle requires more pressure to be applied to it than the left side in order to engage it. I'm not sure if this started immediately once the new pump was installed or if this occured over time. Could this be a future issue or is this normal to have one that requires a little more pressure than the other? Due to the cost of replacing hydro components, I want to take it to the dealer while under warranty if it could cause a future issue. When the handles are engaged at the same distance, the mower goes straight as well as when they are pushed wide open. I just do not remember having to apply more pressure to one side when I got the mower, so I became very concerned lately as the warranty runs out in less than two weeks. I have always kept the fluid at the proper level and changed it at the specified 50 hour mark, so the fluid should not be the issue.
I know the obvious answer is take it to the John Deere dealer and let them check it. However, they have not been very helpful in the past on issues like this and have had the attitude that nothing is wrong unless it quits working. They are backed up at least a week now (even with commercial priority) and I hate to be without my equipment unless I'm sure there is an issue. It could just be my inexperience and paranoia in working with these things and not knowing if this is normal to have to apply a little more pressure to one side than the other. Thanks.

· Registered
142 Posts
they will just give you the run around. If it aint broke they arent gonna fix it. A warranty dosent mean much anymore and by the time you lose a week you might as well have done it yourself or gone to a reasonable fair fast mechanic and just got it done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.