1. Countdown to live Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Post-emergent in June?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cutman2000, Jun 2, 2012.

1. cutman2000

cutman2000 LawnSite Member

Is it ok to use a post-emergent now? In June on Centipede, St. Augustine grasses in the South? I have lots of Clovers and other weeds!!

2. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Celsius will do it
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. cutman2000

Actually the grass is Bermuda. I had a guy spray it. He told me to cut the Bermuda to about an inch and a half(1.5") the next time I cut it and bag it. Right now I have it up to around 3-4". I thought I would let the grass push the weed out, didn't work. My client said she put down weed/feed one day to help it green up. She said she could be wrong and just put down plain straight fertilizer, which is what I think because her lawn has a lot of weeds now, dandelion, clovers, crabgrass and a few other things. So I had a guy(sub-contract) do a post-emergent today. He also thought it would need another dose of post-emergent again later.

4. cutman2000

Is this guy correct?