Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chemical lisnce...What is the best liquid post emergent to put out this time of the year?I have about 3 acres of grass to put it on.Any help would be great.I have a 30 gallon spray tank with the fold down sprayers.what should I get and at what rate should i mix it?

·
Registered
719 Posts
3 acres, hunh? . . . grass . . . hmmmm. Well, I'd use the stuff designed for 3 acres . . . of grass. Maybe the stuff for 3 1/2 acres in case you run short.

(sigh)

Wanna rethink and rewrite the question? I think you'll have two ache-ers after the responses you're gonna get . . .

·
Registered
543 Posts
quiet, great response LOL!
What are we trying to kill? Is this 3 acres of lawn or park or pasture or what? Drive is a great product but your looking at $250 or so for 3 acres.

·
LawnSite Addict
1,405 Posts
Depends......what are you trying to eradicate? Broadleaf? Grassy? Both? 3 acres? For 3 acres, I'd suggest something cheap. Why not straight 2,4D mixed with straight MSMA, with a non-ionic surfactant? and maybe mix some liquid N in there with it? Go back and re-apply in 10 to 14 days. Just a suggestion, dont critique....there are many types of products on the market, but when it comes right down to the basics, they (most) are made up of the same chemicals or equivalent.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Originally posted by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
killing broadleaf...thanks to the responses except quiet:rolleyes: every one else had somthing helpful to say.Ill probably go the 2 4 D ROUTE.
Only thing about 2,4 D product is that it smells bad. Thats why I use momentum or millenium ultra. But will use 2,4 D product if it is cooler weather.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
rob1325 - Momentum and Millenium both contain healthy amounts of 2,4D. If your customers don't like the smell, try adding Klok to the spray tank. Several ounces/100 gallons will make your spray smell like mint.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Originally posted by Grassmechanic
If your customers don't like the smell, try adding Klok to the spray tank. Several ounces/100 gallons will make your spray smell like mint.
My supplier gave me a quart of 'something' from Helena, I believe, that is supposed to make the herbicide smell like bubblegum! Don't know, haven't tried it yet...:)

DaleL

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
DaleL - Lesco carried a product at one time that was supposed to smell like bubblegum. I got a free sample to try, but it didn't seem to work as good as Klok. I had some finicky people that really liked the mint smell from Klok. The things you have to do to please some people.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I know 2,4, D is in momentum, ment to say like using momuntum because it don't smell as bad as a Trimec with 2,4, D, but when cool out I will use Trimec or Lesco 3 way. Also please tell more about Klok.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Klok (pronounced "cloak") is made by Agrinomics, Inc. You may want to try a search on the web. I purchased it from Turfgrass, Inc. They are out of South Lyon, MI. but have sites in Ohio. They UPS and take credit cards. 1-800-521-TURF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.