Post pics of your clever Xmas or winter advertisements

soloscaperman

LawnSite Gold Member
(NOTE)This picture is for a customer not a random one for their neighbor (They are similar though). I bought these fine chocolates for only $3. I take the letter and wrap it around the chocolate then tape it so it doesn't slide out. It also saves money on wrapping paper as well! The final step is on the right side of the photo, so don't get confused. The goal is to make your customer appreciated and also to have them have the coupon sitting in their head for next year. Plus the coupon is like a future proof blanket so no landscaper comes up trying to hand them a deal or something. The goal is to be ONE STEP AHEAD of the GAME.

Xmas2011.jpg

mtdman

LawnSite Gold Member
Have you done this before, and if so what percentage of people use the coupon?

I agree with the customer appreciation part of the gift. But I don't think I've ever lost a current customer to competition because they were offered a better deal. I know there are cheaper lcos out there, and I know I've lost bids on jobs to cheaper services. IMO if you provide a great service and build a rapport with the customers, they won't go looking for a better deal. And if they do, then imo that's not the kind of customer you want. The kind of customers you want will stick with you because of your level of service, and because they like you and the work you do. If they are constantly price shopping or complaining about your work, they are more of a pain than what they're worth.

Last edited:

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i got a christmas card for a customer today and they gave me $25 as a gift lol...kindof the opposite of what you are doing...there's nothing wrong with appreciating your customers but if you do a good job and they are happy with you they aren't gonna run off and hire someone else...if they do they aren't a customer you want.

sealcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Every job we do either sealcoating or lawn & landscape, get a Holiday card. The first year I did it seemed to just be the nice thing to do. But after the start up for spring I was shocked by the response of some gave back. So we have been doing it for 10 years this year. Also notice a increase over a five year period of return sealcoating cutomers.

gsaunders5

LawnSite Member
With this year being a great year for us, as always I have custom Christmas Cards made and send to all customers. I also had a Customers Appreciation Party at one of the local Sports Bar's here in town. With most of my business being commerical and a couple of church's and a few residental, I sent out email's to all the Board of Director's of the condo's, Property Management Company's and the Trustee's of the church's, wow what a great turn out we had. I served them 7 different appetizers & drinks. They all stayed for approx. 3 hrs just talking and meeting each other. What a great night. Everyone kept thanking us for a great time and thinking us for the great job we do. For approx $400.00 I had all of our customers (85% were there) and they all were hearing the same thing about our excellent work. After all of this I starting receiving Christmas Cards from them with money or gift cards. it's some of the best money I have ever spent.

LibertyFarmLandscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
With this year being a great year for us, as always I have custom Christmas Cards made and send to all customers. I also had a Customers Appreciation Party at one of the local Sports Bar's here in town. With most of my business being commerical and a couple of church's and a few residental, I sent out email's to all the Board of Director's of the condo's, Property Management Company's and the Trustee's of the church's, wow what a great turn out we had. I served them 7 different appetizers & drinks. They all stayed for approx. 3 hrs just talking and meeting each other. What a great night. Everyone kept thanking us for a great time and thinking us for the great job we do. For approx $400.00 I had all of our customers (85% were there) and they all were hearing the same thing about our excellent work. After all of this I starting receiving Christmas Cards from them with money or gift cards. it's some of the best money I have ever spent.
That's a great idea, thanks for sharing.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
soloscaperman

soloscaperman

LawnSite Gold Member
I got a lot of $20-$50 checks in the mail from my customers. I just tell them is hard to find good people but harder to find good customers. I tell them that it means a lot to have them as a customer. I had one lady that hugged ha ha. The chocolates weren't bitter that's why I bought these. They were from Walmart and are very rich and smooth.

Imagine 50 customers and they each send $50 that's $2500!!!

gsaunders5

LawnSite Member
If you sit up the tables with wings, pizza, cheese sticks, chips & Salsa, potato skins, spinach & artichoke dips, etc. and just keep replacing it as they eat it and then their drinks. Most people won't drink alot of beer, wine or mixed drinks because if DUI's, so your drink tab really isn't bad. So for 30 plus customers all together talking about us and then they tell someone what we did, when their lawn guy did nothing for them but send them another invoice.

This is a copy of the custom Christmas Card we sent to all customers, supplies and company's or other people we have talked to over time.

Christmas Card CBS 2011.jpg

Last edited:

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
i only eat milk chocolate so thats a turn off to me.........

dark chocolate, gross.....

and like the other guy said those are bitter as hell........