Lawn Care Forum banner

Post your weekly project photos here.

316K views 955 replies 101 participants last post by  mitchgo 
#1 Ā·
Hopefully we can keep this thread updated with daily and weekly project photos from all who contribute to this site. Show us any size, or any part of a job you may have just completed. This should be a fun posting we can all have a good time with. Happy shooting.

Sky Plant Tree Cloud Dusk

Sky Plant Natural landscape Larch Branch

Water World Human Flash photography Waterfall

See less See more
#4 Ā·
Looks good Tim! I thought you had some Aliens on the first 2 pics til I saw the 3rd.
On a side note I found a different brand of the waterproof heat shrink crimp tubes at Menards here locally. CALTERM 10 in a pack for about 5 bucks.
Thanks for the tip they have worked great for me so far!

#9 Ā·
Here's one we finished up in Martinsville, VA. pretty much came in a tore out the half completed water feature another contractor was attempting to build, built the current one, did all the walls/steps/patios and when we were almost finished they requested lights.... drilling through those completed stone walls was not fun:cry: anyway it turned out real nice. Unfortunately when i was taking these photos its was raining and since its a 2hr drive I haven't been able to get back up and do it again.

Plant Building Sky Window Tree

Plant Building Window Tree Sky

Plant Street light Leaf Road surface Grass

Plant Flowerpot Watercourse Landscape Road surface

Plant Light Natural landscape Orange Lighting

#13 Ā·
little over exposed but its the clearest one I got. The upper windows will be lit up soon as the gutters go in. All Cast install. Took 5 hours solo.
Only thing SUPER special about this job is the client was THRILLED and we exceeded thier expectations. Keep in mind there is NO hot spots in the actual job. I just have not mastered my DLSR cam yet.

Sky Plant Building Property Window

#17 Ā·
Burts right... all 20w ushios. The pillars have a stack in em of louvers and frosted lenses. Its really soft and inviting at night.

Burt email me some links on ebay for thoes lenses... I still really dont know what I am looking for other than a 20mm prime automatic.

You guys got to see what we will be doing out back of this home... about 6 moonlights. 2 large oaks to light...a gazebo on the water and possibly an underwater fishlight if Mr Gosselin will share his secrets of them.

This is a classic example of how not to judge a client by what they drive or how expensive thier home is. This home here is well under 200k. One of the nicest most modest clients I ever worked for.

#21 Ā·
You may want to call Kichler customer service. I have installed the 15087's in the past in white. I know it doesn't show white as an option in the current catalog, but this may be a misprint. It used to be available in an MR16 downlight option. Please provide feedback as this will probably come up again in the future (at least for me it will).
Good luck,

#22 Ā·
You may want to call Kichler customer service. I have installed the 15087's in the past in white. I know it doesn't show white as an option in the current catalog, but this may be a misprint. It used to be available in an MR16 downlight option. Please provide feedback as this will probably come up again in the future (at least for me it will).
Good luck,
Do like some of the low end product providers do and take a spray can to it. Oy Vey!

#23 Ā·
I dont like to install painted fixtures. Why do you need white ? are the shingles white ? afterall if you install in the gutter wont the actual backdrop be the shingles ?

As to fixture suggestion I think it has to depend on how big of an area you want to light and how close the area to be lit is from the fixture location. It could vary from a small wash light to a bullet type light.

#24 Ā·
Billy,

the fixture needs to be mounted just above the gutter on a piece of wide trim and the light will cast up to the eave (which has a coin just below it) from there. the back ground of the fixture spot is actually cream colored stucco. I hope I explained it well for you. I will try to post a pic soon. I thought white would kind of blend in with the stucco. I was trying to find a mr16 fixture that was small in size and could be used as an uplight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Darron

#25 Ā·
There are a number of uplights avalible in a painted finish from Kichler, vista and others. Pick which one works best for you from thier catalogs and pray the finish stays intact. I would make sure its a powder coat and not just some Krylon or rustoleum on there.

I still much preffer a raw unfinished metal such as copper brass or bronze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.