Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenchoppers, Feb 15, 2009.

  1. greenchoppers

    greenchoppers LawnSite Member
    Messages: 162

    Hello, I am mailing my own postcards. Does anyone know if a special permit is required to send out 200 postcards at one time? They will all have the correct postage on them. Just wandering because it is advertisement and not private mail if special permit is required.

  2. Tommy Boy

    Tommy Boy LawnSite Member
    Messages: 220

    If you want the reduced bulk rate, you will need the permit, I think it's like $300 first year then $150.00 after that. You need to have your postcards printed with the Bulk Rate permit stamp. The advantage is that you mail for like .18 or .21 cents each item minimums apply compaired to first class rates.

    Getting someone to help you at the post office is harder then scraping the Obama sticker off your truck :) LOL
  3. lukemelo216

    lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...
    Messages: 1,267

    I will just ask this question here, instead of starting a new thread, do i still need to get that permit if i am paying for postage through vista print? I am going with like there entire package, minus the design, and just want to know if i need a special permit. They get you the postage at $0.24 per postcard, which is what the post office mails them at if you sign up through them.

Share This Page