Lawn Care Forum banner

Posting photos question

5K views 53 replies 9 participants last post by  hoskm01 
#1 ·
I could have posted this somewhere else, but I only listen to you guys anyway.

I'm trying to post some pics of misc. parts I have for sale. I have about 15-20 and I want them all to come up in one post. I don't know how to do that. I thought uploading them to an album on LS would allow me to do that, but I can't find how.

I know how to attach pics but it allows 5 only.

Who can help a brotha out?

#4 ·
Dana. You need to upload the pics to some kind of internet folder or storage space. You probably have a lot of space under the account you have your website through. However you upload files to that, make a new folder and throw all your pics in there. You might do this through FTP. FTP is possible and built in to windows, and you can do it just like a folder on your computer.

Throw the pics in there and name them accordingly. Thence, go to a post in LS and hit the button that looks like a picture of a mountain. Go to the picture in the file you created under your web space and right click the file, then properties. There will be an internet address there. Copy and poaste that address back into your post and make sure it starts with http://www......

That should do it. Thats how I do mine.

Lemme know if you have available web space and Id be glad to help out further.

#6 ·
That should do it. Thats how I do mine.
How you typed that out made it sound like it the most complicated thing ever.
I saw his website, my guess since he is asking this question he doesn't manage the website and so he doesn't know what you are talking about.
Your way does work though and if I hosted my own site I would definitely feel higher security hosting my pictures. I see that you hosted your skiing pictures from your site.

I saw your site as well.
I'm not trying to be rude but if I was a customer and saw your website I probably would look somewhere else before calling. There are plenty of website template formats out there for free.

#8 ·
How you typed that out made it sound like it the most complicated thing ever.
I saw his website, my guess since he is asking this question he doesn't manage the website and so he doesn't know what you are talking about.
Your way does work though and if I hosted my own site I would definitely feel higher security hosting my pictures. I see that you hosted your skiing pictures from your site.

I saw your site as well.
I'm not trying to be rude but if I was a customer and saw your website I probably would look somewhere else before calling. There are plenty of website template formats out there for free.
We, and when I say "we" I mean my girlfriend :), manages my site. I can edit and change things, but I never remember how to FTP it all up. She would know how to do get to adding a folder as Matt explained. I'll try today through photobucket, and if that doesn't work, we'll go Matt's route.

#10 ·
I saw your site as well.
Well thanks for the input.

A. Templates are boring, everyone else has one.
B. That business hasnt operated in over a year.
C. I was remodeling the site when I moved and never finished it, so half ass it stayed. And I still get 3-4 calls per week that I refer to a friend.
D. Cant win them all!

#15 ·
Well I haven't gotten around to trying to get the photos set up another way. And don't feel like doing it right now. Let me know if you can view them here Parts for sale Let me know if the link works. I can't find where to make the picture group public.

The copper fittings might be taken by Matt, and I haven't figured a price for the others. If anyone interested, let me know. And yes I know some of it is crap in Mike's eyes.

It is primarily stuff from the stocked van we bought, that we will never use.

#18 ·
Buckner would have been fairly common where they had distribution set up. The brass valves might need service only rarely. Sometimes just from buildup of hard-water deposits. Never saw a plastic Buckner valve. Those Febco valves would only be seen where RPZs are used.

#23 ·
I wonder if anyone is remaining in the business of providing "coarse-thread" popup bodies for the old brass nozzles, some of which were never duplicated in plastic or fine-thread brass.
Most assuredly not. That would be way to much to ask for. We used the W*M Thirty series for years with the 400 series brass nozzles and the cool adapter that enabled us to use the 100 series on hi-pops. I miss those days. :cry:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.