1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Poulan Pro Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, Oct 10, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

I saw a Poulan Pro backpack blower at the dealer yesterday, and the specs claim that it produces 203 mph with a Kaw. engine. Is it worth looking at, I now it's a poulan not a Red Max.

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

ya, but how much CFM?

3. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

I think 490cfm.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't waste your money on that Poulan. I would spend the extra money for a Redmax EB 7001 or an Echo PB 750. You can never have too much power in a backpack!!!

5. K&J lawn

K&J lawn LawnSite Member
    from Here

I use one every day, it works just has good as those exspensive ones. worth the money.

6. K&J lawn

K&J lawn LawnSite Member
    from Here

I use a poulan back pack every day, have had no problems,plenty of power also. I really don't think I wasted my money, just saved a few dollars.

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here are the stats I found on that blower.

# Backpack Gas Blower
    # 40.2 CC High Output Engine With 200 MPH & 400 CFM Results
    # Variable Speed Trigger Throttle Allows For Precise Speed Control
    # Anti-Vibration Handle Reduces Operator Fatique
    # 2 Year Limited Warranty

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I have two of them. Got mine new on ebay for $200 & $225 each with shipping included.
    I know some guys knock them, but for the money, I have NO complaints.
    Soon I will bite the bullet and buy the big Redmax, but only because of fall leaves. BUT, for the 90% of the season where I'm only blowing grass, the Poulan Pro's have worked great.

My figuring was this, for the same price of ONE of the big boys, I now have TWO blowers that get the job done. So on the occasion that I have a helper, we each have a blower. Or one as a back up if I ever have a problem (which I haven't had yet, and they are going on 3rd season, albeit part time seasons).

They are a big step up from my handheld Shin (same price by the way), but obviously not quite a Redmax EB7001. So if your budget is in the $200-250 range, I'd say go for the Poulan Pro for now.

I will be selling one soon and putting that money towards a Redmax. And I'll still have a Poulan for my helper or as a back up.

It's like graduating up. But doing it as money allows, rather then spend more then I can really afford at the time, or blowing my whole nut at one time on one tool.

Good luck.