1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Power Brooming Parking Lots.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, May 29, 2000.

1. slingshot

slingshot LawnSite Member
    from pa

commercial lawn care forum ..... do these sweepers cut grass too. keep adding on the services i love these jack of all tradesmen .......here is anouther add on service for the profesional lawn maintenance co. mobile oil change station you can go to there homes and cut the grass,blow it off and then change the oil in there car and maybee just maybee if they ask nice you will wash there car for an extra 3bucks and if they say that price is high tell them about all that insurance you need for your lawn care weed wackin biz

2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Slingshot,<p>That funny as hell. I just about died when i read that. Good one.

3. OP
    OP
    MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

$commercial lawn care forum$ Jack of all tradsman huh - ok. Some of my potential customer base includes businesses that have parking lots that get dirty. Lawn doesn't grow here year round. When it doesn't, its nice to still be able to work.<br>Full service companies get contracts and I am looking to become better than others. I'm wondering how the successful professional works in this business.<br>Walker sells a power broom for the machine I have and I'm wondering if anyone does this with any success. <br>Hell slingshot, you got some good ideas for add ons. Mayby Walker will design a portable car wash/oil change attachment for the machine-it does everything else.<br>I'm not advocating taking on everything under the sun in service but I believe if there is a market and your willing and able to do some work &quot;professionally&quot;, then why not? <br>As far as this being a commercial lawn care forum goes - mayby I'm assuming that this forum is for issues related to &quot;Professional Grounds Management&quot;. Cutting grass is one important part but there are many facets to this business. If people just want to cut grass trim and go thats fine but others want to offer other services that are related to broader grounds management services. <p>Thank you all for the input, gotta go and bid 2 painting jobs and 2 roofing jobs - its all part of my grounds management company.<br>

4. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

Hey .. sell em whatever they're buying! Some of the most profitable (and busy) folks I know are Handyman Services. They do it all just about ... hourly. No risk .. no time management .. billings from portal to portal. Between $40.00 and $60.00 plus an hour depending on the skill level of the specific job. Works well for the one man outfit, with just a van and some hand tools. For the bigger jobs, like painting an entire house, plumbing, electrical, chimney, stuff like that, they refer over and get a small cut.<p>Phil Nilsson<br>