Lawn Care Forum banner

power trac instead of a dingo toro system

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Louis 
#1 ·
I have heard about a system like this from a very successful firm out west i think. this sounds like the very thing they designed and may well be. Anyhow, I was wondering what people thought of this system. it is much cheaper than a dingo. I is articulating so it doesn't tear the turf like skid steers. Is this a viable option? look at it here at www.power-trac.com

----------
Integrated Landscape Solutions
Lexington, KY

#2 ·
Check out cadplans.com, they have plans for a machine similar to this, cadtrac. Doesn't have the attatchments, but maybe could use theirs? I am going to build it as soon as i build my garage one day.. Anyway, the bucket is pretty small, can be bigger i guess, the dump height is only 52" same as the one you're looking at for a 25hp. I asked about a grapple instead of a bucket but the lift isn't enough to do anything serious. I still think a bobcat is the way to go.I can't see a dingo outdoing one at all.

#3 ·
To Skid or not to Skid that is the question?
Tis better to glide gentley over ones yard with smaller loads or lift large quanties of material with the danger of hurting ones tender leaves!

Ok Shakspere I'm not, but there is a place for smaller equipment in ones arsenal, I have three different size skid loaders and three different size tractors each have there place and uses.
Small stuff, for me is anything that lifts under 1500 lbs it has its place on the job site, but not on many of mine if I need something like this I rent it.
Medium duty 1500 lbs to 2000 lbs, this is where most of your work comes in trees lighter pallets of sod and dirt(small units) you can go with a medium skid steer or a tractor or a artuculated loader. medium skid steer will weigh in at 4500 lbs to 600o lbs, easy to trailer an easy to get around the job site but will tear up grass! tractor still easy to trailer won't get in places a skid steer will and can't dig like a skid steer but gives you option of using the three point hitch for grading and other attacments like, core airators, slit seeder, post hole augers, tillers, ect.
Artuclated Loaders easy on grass untill you try to turn while not moving then can make a big gouge in the lawn, high floation tires mean you can go thru some really soft stuff, harder to trailer because of weight getting close to that magic 7000 lb mark (some are over that) attactments? well they might have them and they might not.

Bigger stuff, large skid loaders, big tractors and you can get really big loader :) (must be the kid in me) this stuff is for moving large amounts of dirt and gravel or skids of sod and pavers or wall units. In order to own one of these guys you must have the need and the operators for this, not Tonka Toys you are going to move some real large amounts of stuff(we moved 1000 cu. yds of dirt today with one large skid steer) so you have to have a need for this equipment.

----------
paul

Edited by: paul

#4 ·
Saw one of these today on a job we were finishing our part while they stared theirs, Nice setup , they had the trailer with 3ft auger, bucket, tiller and a couple other things. They were installing a spa, sodding and doing a couple walkways. I asked the guy how he liked it , said it's been a good machine for them. Looked like it worked pretty good, floatation tires, think it was 25hp.

#6 ·
I have a couple of friends with the Dingo systems and they love them.They are NOT cheap.I talked to the power track guy at the nursery show we have here every august and he said for me to buy an extra $1000 of parts because there were no dealers local and he did'nt service them.There are other comparable units on the market with better dealer set ups to take care of the machine if anything happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.