1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Power washing bid?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by makktruck, Jul 10, 2013.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

I got a job to power wash a deck and i was wondering what i should charge or how I should charge to do this deck. It's 36 by 12 and 14 in some places. What do you think I should charge? Thanks~

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I can't tell you for a deck but I know my 1 story house runs between $90 to $125 so if I had to guess I'm thinking between $30 to $50 but in ways I'd think you'd also be better off asking in a section of a forum dedicated to power washing, one hates to be wrong and over or under charge.

3. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

herler that is a deal don't loose his number. We aim for about $95 an hour and that is using their water, we don't advertise it as a service either only when good customers are in need.

4. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Are you just using water to power wash?

5. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Yes just water, I do use a real power wash services for people who want their houses and roof done. Mainly we will do decks, driveways patios, and other hard surfaces. It has worked out well for a fill in service.

6. Geronimo

Geronimo LawnSite Member

I used some Armor Deck Wash for the first time on a deck this past week. Washed it with the spinner first then applied the Deck Wash per the instructions. Deck was in bad shape with algae growth so I applied the deck wash twice. Really turned out nice, homeowner was very happy!! Try it, you wont be disappointed!

7. Revitalize

Revitalize LawnSite Member

No don't use just water. Try a sodium hypochlorite house wash. A light 12% and soap mix should work if they are re staining.

If you have questions, let me know.

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

HELL NO

Lol

$1.50 per lf for a one story house. Decks vary
    Posted via Mobile Device