1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

power washing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by A+ Lawncare, Apr 14, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

new to the power washing buisness..... wondering on what/how should i charge. i wanna get into power washing docks (piers) & decks/porches. maybe houses(do ya power the wall/sides of the house). i wanna also know how to time estimate jobs.

i have a few jobs that i can line up w/in the next week. a 4500sq feet deck and a 125ft pier....... how/what should i charge for this job?

2. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

3. A+ Lawncare

i'm new to the power washing side of the business but have cut grass commercially (both residential & commercial lawns) for a few years now.... so i know there's a time issue in the green industry and i know how to estimate my time for cutting grass and doing hardscaping jobs but since i'm new to the power washing side, i'm questionable on how long a job will take me. is there a way to figure out how much sq. feet you can cover in an hr, both pressure washing and sealing? :help:

4. Scottish LScape

Scottish LScape LawnSite Member

We charge by the Hour. Ladder work (if we take it) $10 extra per hour. It's a nice add on service with minimum investment. Good Luck!

5. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Hey Thats a pretty good site. I thought is was a good reference for anyone who does lawns and powerwashing.

6. A+ Lawncare

good informational site.... wondering if any1 knows of a similar site for the green industry "grass mowing"?

7. A+ Lawncare

ladder work $10 extra an hour.... what bout for using an jon boat to do docks (underneath decking)? i own an jon boat, so i wouldn't have to worry bout renting 1... i'm sure ppl would charge extra to have to use an boat... so whats the going rate you'de charge a customer to use 1?

8. gmlcinc

gmlcinc LawnSite Member

Yet another green industry forum...
    Lawn Service Forum.com w/ out spaces.

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Last time I checked this IS a lawn care forum there kids........ :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member