1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Power Wheelbarrow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by rckymtnlandscape, Mar 29, 2017.

1. F4rm3rj03

F4rm3rj03 LawnSite Senior Member

Just hit me. The transmissions on our DR and MT look the same. Wouldn't be surprised to learn they are the same in every way. Could be same Chinese factory. Maybe belt pulley ratios are different. The Dr has four forward gears. MT has three forward. There might be a fourth forward gear within the MT that is made unavailable by the shift linkage assembly.

2. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

I use 4x8 white sheets of plastic as well as some 4x4 white sheets. Have found plywood and black duramats to choke out and damage the grass if laying on top of lawn in hotter temps . The white is way more forgiving.

Might wanna invest in an oil sucker for oil changes on your muck truck and other hard to drain equipment .I have a handful of equipment that it's easier to use a sucker then deal with the mess.

I'm trying to reign in the amount of equipment and trailers I take to the jobs and get the most out of the least per say. All without having to kill myself labor wise. Running an excavator and Dingo costs more to move dirt then an excavator or Dingo loading into a Muck Truck or Dr wagon.

3. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

4. fatboynormmie

1/4" polycarbonate from my local plastics supplier. At the time it was $100 a sheet as is pretty much unbreakable unless you are using them in freezing condition at which time it can become brittle and shatter if flexed too much. My supplier was Laird plastics in Md. Upfront cost is more than plywood but doesn't really degrade with use and is easier to manhandle and drag around to put in place.

I'm a small company compared to some of you guys so I stock 6 4x8 sheets and 6 4x4 sheets on my trailer at all times. I don't need 30/40 sheets like you bigger guys.

5. fatboynormmie

They stack nicely up against the wall of the trailer.

226E145E-B475-4452-BA9C-FDB43FECA181.JPG

6. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of mini is that?

ponyboy likes this.
  7. fatboynormmie

Dingo 320D with tracks in that pic . Also run tires on it too sometimes

hort101 likes this.
  8. HortGuy1

HortGuy1 LawnSite Member

Personally, I am considering going to nothing but battery powered equipment. Anybody have any experience with the Overland Electric Wheelbarrow with Duel Tires?

9. Golden Boy

Golden Boy LawnSite Member

Check out renting a georgia buggy from a rental shop. Usually have 16 cu ft hopper and hydraulic dump. Not always 4wd unless you count the 2 sets of duals that drive without the steer axle driving. These are usually readily available at a good rate. Toro makes one now that would be easy to get parts for since any Toro dealer can get you parts. I believe that it has the honda engine in it too

1idejim and HortGuy1 like this.
  10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

sorry i didn't repond sooner but look at getting a set of http://www.alturnamats.com
    You can just drive your sk in there and call it a day.

rckymtnlandscape likes this.