• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Powerrake to de-tatch?

SUPERIOR Lawn Design

LawnSite Member
Is this a joke?

OP
EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape

LawnSite Platinum Member
NO sorry it's not. I've never done anything with one, or really ever read up on em. Last season was my first, so forgive me. Atleast I'm not afraid to ask questions. I'm guessing from what I've been reading up on for the last few mins its the same thing.

SO how long, (walk behind type, not one to tow behind a ztr) would you expect it to take me to de-thatch a 3000sq lawn once over with this thing?

SUPERIOR Lawn Design

LawnSite Member
Power rakes are awesome... Some Bluebird models have bags on them to speed up the cleanup... And then you can overseed afterwards!

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

LawnSite Senior Member
yes, they are essentially the same thing. Go to local equipment rental place to rent one. They are like 50-60 bucks a day. It says in your profile your in your 4th year, but you said in this thread its your second season. Just wondering if its your second season on ur own and you worked for someone else.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

LawnSite Senior Member
i know its frustating trying to get a straight answer for simple questions a lot of times on here