Pre-emergent/Herbicide

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
Are you saying that the HOA is demanding a specific product you don't usualy use (your supplier dosn't carry it). May we ask what it is?

My assumption, someone in the HOA "heard about" or saw on some tv show, about a particular type of preemergent and they believe it would be the best... It's probably Team or some old school crap, or organic, like corn gluten meal. ANd then when it dosn't work like they were told it will, it's your fault because you must have applied it wrong, or you even get accused of not putting it down at all and still charging them.

I think it's best to use the products you are fimiliar with and are more the 'industry standards'.

ro1207

LawnSite Member
Lebanon blends a fertilizer with Dimension and Confront 3 all in the same bag. It is expensive though. I think it is around $28.00 - $30.00 per bag (40lb / 10,000 sq ft coverage). You can kill 2 birds with one stone with this type of product. Find a local Lebanon dealer and ask them about it.
Lebanon SKU# 2153580
19-0-6 33% Mesa W 0.145% Dimension & Confront 3

www.lebturf.com

OP
L

lawncareboise

LawnSite Member
Lebanon blends a fertilizer with Dimension and Confront 3 all in the same bag. It is expensive though. I think it is around $28.00 - $30.00 per bag (40lb / 10,000 sq ft coverage). You can kill 2 birds with one stone with this type of product. Find a local Lebanon dealer and ask them about it.
Lebanon SKU# 2153580
19-0-6 33% Mesa W 0.145% Dimension & Confront 3

www.lebturf.com

Thanks, I'll check it out:)

jbturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
slightly confused about what you are trying to do, or they -
pre-emergent is a Herbicide
what is the wording given to you?
what is your target weed(s)? and timing for proposed treatment?

AzLawnMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Whats next, they gonna start telling you which way they want the lines in the grass? How they want there shrubs trimmed? Or maybe the "right way" to trim a tree. Whenever I go to HOA meetings and the "smart" guy in the corner has some great ideas about the products I should use or how I should do something specific, I always smile and say "I will have to look into that". Its a good thing I have it in all my contracts that the only input I am obligated to listen to is the Property Manager. I dont know what I would do if every "master gardner" on the board had me do it their way. Good luck buddy, its only the start of great things to come.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Whats next, they gonna start telling you which way they want the lines in the grass? How they want there shrubs trimmed? Or maybe the "right way" to trim a tree. Whenever I go to HOA meetings and the "smart" guy in the corner has some great ideas about the products I should use or how I should do something specific, I always smile and say "I will have to look into that". Its a good thing I have it in all my contracts that the only input I am obligated to listen to is the Property Manager. I dont know what I would do if every "master gardner" on the board had me do it their way. Good luck buddy, its only the start of great things to come.

I agree with this. If they want you to work for them, YOU make the calls to help their lawn look its best.
You wont find too many that do pre and post granular apps on rd 1, and for a good reason, $$.

mike174

LawnSite Member
Oh, your right. They want a pre-emergent and a post emergent in one.

It just sounds like they want the least amount of apps from you. HOAs are cheap, but you can educate them. Tell them you can apply a pre, but should come back for a post. It will lower their homeowner complaints - selling point (maybe)

Last edited:

Top Forums