• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Pre-emergent in CT...when and what?

ericds

LawnSite Member
When is the best time to apply the pre-emergent crabgrass killer in Connecticut? Also what is the best kind to use for a "regular homeowner" (I read somewhere that Lesco is good)?

sgtgm5

LawnSite Member
Im applying pre next week. Maybe that will help. Hey, I got an idea, Call me and I'll do the work for ya...... Hope that helps

OP
E

ericds

LawnSite Member
Thanks for your help...I guess I'll wait a few more weeks. What should I use? Is there something I can pick up at HD? Is the Dimension at Lesco a good choice? I think I may call/go to Lesco and see what they recommend.

CT John

LawnSite Member
I've had good success with the Lesco product they sell at HD. Its actually a 19-0-7 fertilizer w/ Dimension. This year I hope to get over to the Lesco store and buy the product without the fertilizer so I can make additional apps.

hamsey

LawnSite Member
Went to Lesco yseterday and picked up 19-0-6 w/ dimension. Applied it also yesterday per their recommendation.

Norm

CT John

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by hamsey
Went to Lesco yseterday and picked up 19-0-6 w/ dimension. Applied it also yesterday per their recommendation.

Norm
Hey Norm. Thats the same product they carry at HD. What did you pay for it? You went to the Lesco store in Newington?