• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Pre-emergent

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Ready to purchase first round of fert. I want to apply a real good pre-emergent to reduce call backs. Last summer was real hard on the grass, so I expect some problems.<br>What do you guys recommend? Yes I am licensed.

R

Ron

I'm trying Pennington's Crabgrass Preventer w/Barricade. It says it will control crabgrass for 2-3 months and has a 6 waiting period before you can re-seed. They also have the same product with a higher content of Barricade that will go 3-4 months, with a 9 month waiting period before re-seeding. The cost for the 2-3 month product is about $18 and a 20# bag covers 5k.

CGS

LawnSite Member
What is a good price to charge customers for applying pre-emergents? How about fertilzers?

OP
A

accuratelawn

LawnSite Senior Member
The standard answer is really a question. What will the market allow?<br>I my area companies charge for $35 to $55 per 10,000 sq.

moonarrow

LawnSite Member
just adding my 2 cents. If you want to go organic use horticultural corn glutton meal aply at 20lbs./1000sq. ft. have had great results also cano't seed for 6 mths.<p>----------<br>Dale moonarrow@hotmail.com<br>Southern lawn and Landscape

moonarrow

LawnSite Member
no particular brand just go to the lacal feed store and ask them for it if they don't have it they will order it.<p>----------<br>Dale moonarrow@hotmail.com<br>Southern lawn and Landscape

moonarrow

LawnSite Member
no particular brand just go to the lacal feed store and ask them for it if they don't have it they will order it.By the way it also fertlizes at the same time.<p>----------<br>Dale moonarrow@hotmail.com<br>Southern lawn and Landscape