1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

pre-m for beds. this year i am going with gallery. what are you going to use?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Mar 19, 2002.

  1. tlcservices

    tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl
    Messages: 61

    gallery works good on broadleaf weeds but not on grassy
  2. Scraper

    Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,656

    Scottie...the "feed" is the fertilizer, the "weed" is the herbicide...thus you need a license. Pre-M in and of itself isn't a weed and feed...it is a preemergent herbicide. You are probably seeing it mixed in with a fertilizer mixture which allows you to kill two birds with one stone and not have to make separate applications. You cannot apply anythjing which contains an herbicide or pesticide without a license...even if it contains fertilizer.
  3. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,969


    WEED & FEED is a HERBICIDE and you do need a LICENSE to put it down legally. Snap Shot is also a herbicide it is a Pre-emerge HERBICIDE.

    Just because a pesticide has a fertilizer attached to it, it is still a pesticide. I think every state has laws that regulate application of pesticides. Some states have laws that regulate fertilizer application. You must have a license it that state to legally apply any pesticides. Only exception is to your own property that you live on. Most states even restrict property that you own but do not live on such as rental property. This is a hard sell to some people who own property and rent it out. Sorry just because you own that property you can not apply pesticides to it.

    A loop hole in many states is; If the home owner buys and brings home the pesticide, He can have some one apply it under his supervision. Good Luck

Share This Page