Pre paying for the season.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GSO LAWNEN4CER, Apr 5, 2018.

1. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Senior Member
    from GSO NC

What’s you guys take on it. I have a customer that wants to pay for the entire season.Good customer and the yard isn’t hard to mow. Just a few more obstacles than I would like. Like benches/hammock swing etc. I’m open to what you guys are doing and your experiences.

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i wish someone would do that. i have 1 customer that pays for 2months at a time in advance. everyone else pays at the time i cut or later. :laugh:

3. OneManMowing

OneManMowing LawnSite Member

It wouldn't work for me. I would feel like I am working for nothing. Plus anything could happen and perhaps you couldn't Mow. Then you would have to pay it back. Don't do it!!

4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

I offer a seasonal prepay option. Alot of the condos I do like it and a few single family homes take the offer.

It a nice way to secure a property for the season. No worries of let's skip this week, I found someone cheaper, late payments/no payment, ending season early and all the other riff Raff that can come from a pay as you go client.

wishfull and GSO LAWNEN4CER like this.
  5. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Member

I had a customer last year pay for 5 months of mowing at one time. It was terrible. Always left feeling like i just mowed for free and got to where i dreaded going to that yard.

6. GSO LAWNEN4CER

from GSO NC

It’s just
    This is what scares me. So guy on here said his insurance would pay in the event that something like that happened. What’s you all’s take on this?

7. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

I don't understand this mowing for nothing feeling.

I like my prepays gives me a nice chunk of cash to start the season. I don't have to worry about then much throughout the season. Worst case scenario I am unable to compete the season I can always refund the unused portion. If your smart and don't spend all your cash once you get it you should have it to refund.

Mark Oomkes, wishfull and Mitty87 like this.
  8. Mitty87

Mitty87 LawnSite Silver Member

If you aren't terrible with money it shouldn't feel like you are mowing for free. You have the opportunity to use that money smartly or invest, or just collect a few dollars interest, whatever you do with your income. Wouldn't it be a nice feeling if everyone had paid for the whole year and you didn't worry about no pay or late pay, getting cancelled etc

9. GSO LAWNEN4CER

from GSO NC

You make it sound so good and easy.

10. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

What is the downside? That a major event happens and you can't continue the contract.

Have a contract break fee worded in the contract hell have a no refund policy. No need to over think this but if your not good with money like you live pay day to pay day then it might be better to have a monthly payment plan.

Mark Oomkes likes this.