pre trip app/software?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kerplunk, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Kerplunk

Kerplunk LawnSite Member

does anyone use some type of app or software for pre trip inspections for their fleet? trying to digitize this and get away from paper, the stuff I've found in play store isn't customizable. id like to add some custom fields/questions onto a form for our drivers. any suggestions?

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

i wish. i emailed jobber (who we use for scheduling) and asked them to add this on a few years ago. I don't see why someone doesn't make something like that and also could keep up with inspections/oil change miles/hours

3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

Dont see how that would be easier or feasible for a medium sized fleet.
    Paper still seems like the best option.

4. OP
    OP
    Kerplunk

Kerplunk LawnSite Member

do you want to look for over 25 pieces of paper a day to find issues with trucks if the drivers don't tell us? should be something to alert me to an issue..

5. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member
    from NWI....

If theres an issue put the paperwork in this file/folder/basket....if they are good with no issues then turn in the paper with your other paperwork.....that's what we do

6. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

May want to try goforms.com they take any word excel etc. Document and make it a form that works on their mobile app. Can have drop downs, photo fields, and stuff. Employee can turn it in and have a pdf created that goes to your file server.

Joshua Davis likes this.