Lawn Care Forum banner

Premier Landscaping 2011 work thread.

10K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  Premier landscaping south 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Here is a shout out to my man David Byrnes @ Hardscapes Unlimited. He is a good freind and the best IMHO in the Upstate of South Carolina. Here is some of his work. I sub out pavers and retaining walls to him. You the man Dave!

Plant Sky Property Building House

Sky Plant Property Window Tree

Plant Window Flower Road surface Brickwork

#9 ·
nice ladder! :)

#10 ·
Finished the job today! good to get a large job like this behind you. House will be a full maintenance account for me. Edged all bed with a machine edger and only hit one irrigation line. I skip a four foot section around the telephone, cable, etc. I always do that part by hand to better avoid tearing into a cable.

Customer is doing own mulch to save on cost.

Hey the truck still had some bounce in her springs in that pic.

Yep the old gas 5.4 liter was huffing and puffing Goldpro. Trans has got a little shake to her when pulling a heavy load. Always has.

Ladder is stable as all get out! I still get a little sheepish about heights when I climb to the top of the ladder.

Plant Property Building Window Sky

Plant Window Building Tree Land lot

Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Grass

#11 ·
This is a result of helper not properly securing edger after last job of the day. Came home and bam, oh rest of my edger must be somewhere in the middle of I-385! To make Monday so much greater I will be making a trip to Landscaper Supply for a new edger. Any good suggestions out their pertaining to a new edger?

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

#14 ·
Have had good luck with stihl. All my other handhelds are stihl as well. Blower, trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw. I was looking at a FS90 on craigslist for $250. Looks like it was never used.

#15 ·
I ordered one of these racks today! http://www.trailerracks.com/trimmerracks.html

Hope I like the rack. Looks well built and functional.

It looks great and hope it will eliminate my shaft breaking problems. Even though employee forgot to strap down edger my homemade rack needed to go.

Also picked up a new Stihl FS100 to replace my JD Pro Stick Edger. Used it couple times today and like it.

#19 ·
Looks good man, that F-150 was hating life with that load!
After slicing through that grass with a pic axe, most of the dirt fell out of the roots. Although we filled up the trailer and then some with that yard. We pulled out other trees and creeping juniper. Backyard will be next week.

#20 ·
I always kind of wonder why you guys in the south that do the landscaping go with 2 wheel drive trucks?? I would think knowing that you haul heavy loads you would go with a 4wd

#21 ·
Doesn’t that irritate you when you install all that sod and new landscaping but they decided to save on a finishing touch like mulch? Just to save a couple hundred bucks. The project looks great, it’s too bad they didn’t let you finish.
As far as the truck goes, it doesn’t need to be 4 wheel drive but maybe time for something with a higher GVW or towing capacity. I would be apprehensive to drive that f-150 with all the weight in that picture. I bet it made for a fun drive.?.?

#22 ·
Couple more here.......black mulch is my house. I added the bed on the outside. Wife did the planting around bird bath. Grass to come in fall.

Stripes are from a full maintenance account of ours.

Plant Property Window Road surface Asphalt

Plant Sky Tree Land lot Grass

#24 ·
Here is the first cut with the Walker since laying dow the sod at this house. Very happy with the outcome of this job. I think their is some before pics of this job on this thread.

Plant Vehicle registration plate Window Car Vehicle

#25 ·
I always kind of wonder why you guys in the south that do the landscaping go with 2 wheel drive trucks?? I would think knowing that you haul heavy loads you would go with a 4wd
Traction isn't usually an issue hauling a heavy load. Honestly, if all you do is landscaping and mowing there is absolutely no reason why your truck should be 4WD. We usually don't get snow or anything like what yall get up north.

#26 ·
Traction isn't usually an issue hauling a heavy load. Honestly, if all you do is landscaping and mowing there is absolutely no reason why your truck should be 4WD. We usually don't get snow or anything like what yall get up north.
Yeah I agree. Look I am from Detroit and yes 4WD is almost a neccesity. Down here when it snows you do not want to be on the roads in the first place. Inexperienced drivers and big hills.

I want to get a F-350 dump for my next truck. Yes it will be 2WD. Save time at the landfill and deliver my own mulch. Plus it will save room in my trailer.

BTW does a 4WD 1/2 ton have heaver springs in the rear end than a 2WD 1/2 ton?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.