• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

president day mowing?

Cummins343

LawnSite Silver Member
Nope. It's 20 degrees here with snow on the ground.

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't think I'd worry much about it. Presidents day is pretty much a "bank holiday" only. No mail too... You won't be offending any race or veterans. Unless you mow for any ex-presidents, lol. I'd go ahead and run my route, if you get to a house and they are all home and in the yard, skip'em till the next day.

Your monday customers surely are used to you being there on holidays, there's a lot of monday holidays thru the year...

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
while i won't be mowing because everything is under snow and dormant i think your point is more about working on a holiday correct?

i'm gonna give my 2 cents about working on holidays.

the only holidays i DON'T work on are thanksgiving, christmas and any holiday that would fall on a sunday. otherwise i'm out doing something somewhere. i'd like to put in full days on those holidays but i know the clients that are off and spending time with family aren't gonna wanna hear all that noise from the equipment so i usually check to see which one's care and which one's don't. obiviously the one's that don't are where i'm at that day.