Pressure washer add on service

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by ltdlawn, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Thinking of buying a pressure washer to add a service I can offer to my current customers and possible advertising for in slow months.
    I'm mainly lawn maintenance and landscape company but thought it would be a nice addition.
    With that in mind not needing 8gpm machine. As I don't want to do a buffer tank.
    Looking to do soft wash of up to 2 story homes. Pressure wash Drive way curbs patios etc. thinking 14" surface cleaner.
    Would this machine feel this need?
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Champion-4200-PSI-4-0-GPM-Wheelbarrow-Style-Gas-Pressure-Washer/55702610

2. NewEnglandSteelersFan

NewEnglandSteelersFan LawnSite Member

I know some outfits that do this. They make big money pressure washing driveways, especially in HOA neighborhoods that are strict. One guy I know has many customers in one particular HOA neighborhood and knows when letters go out after HOA makes their rounds of inspections. Within a week or two, he splits his crews up from 100% cutting grass to 50-50% split to pressure wash driveways for a few weeks. Trailer filled with pressure washers instead of mowers.

3. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty much exactly what I do. I put a card in the bill towards the beginning of every winter to remind my customers that I pressure wash the driveway and sidewalks if they need it. Don't get a whole lot of takers but I do get enough to make it worth having to set up to do it, like you said it brings in some extra money in the slow season. A 4 gallon per minute pressure washer will drive an 18 inch Surface Cleaner just fine and I would suggest going with the bigger the Surface Cleaner as the quicker you get those jobs done the more profitable they will be, yes it will be a little more cost up front but you'll make it back pretty quick. I use a 18 inch Whirlaway and I was using a 4 GPM Simpson direct drive but recently came up on a good deal from for a trailer with a pressure washing setup on it, buffer tank, belt drive 4gpm pressure washer and surface cleaner, hose reels, so I picked that up. hose reels are a real time saver and the buffer tank is nice too

4. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

I’m going to be doing this as well. One more offering that will separate me from the mow and go only guys.

ElectroCutsLawnCare and ltdlawn like this.
  5. Adeas Printing

Adeas Printing Sponsor

As a consumer I do love being able to reach out to one person I can trust to handle multiple things for my home, so any time you can add a quality service I think its a great idea. If you need any help updating any of your graphics noting this service is available - like on business cards, flyers or even just a facebook graphic just let me know - would love to help - thanks! --- Robin