1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Pressure washer advice

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by BufalinoLand, May 13, 2012.

1. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to get a new pressure washer. a nice one, honda engine, 1000.00 budget, i dont know where to start. any advice on brand and where to go, thanks

2. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

But if this helps, I bought my Dewalt DXPW4240 in the fall of last year and it works great. Thirsty, but cleans
    everything very well. I do not offer powerwashing as a service though. I just use it around the house and
    to wash off equipment and vehicles. To be honest, I can't remember what I gave for mine. It was around
    $900-1000 though, I remember that.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203185026&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-1-_-202581466-_-203185026-_-N

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  3. crete

crete LawnSite Member

Iam looking at the same model from Home Depot. Does it have automatic idledown Does it have a pressure regulator? thanks T

4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Get as much G.P.M. as you can afford.

6. Aaronnc

Aaronnc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7B

Crete you'll bear with me, because I pretty much don't know anything about pressure washers. I just start mine up and start spraying.

I do not believe it has the automatic Idledown. I always lower the throttle lever before I turn it off for a sec, and then just switch to fuel cut-off.

The pressure regulator, I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I did have a buddy come over who knows these things well, and wanted to mess with it, but I wouldn't let him because my owners manual states that pressure is pre-set from the factory and NOT to mess with it.

Here's the manuals for it, if it helps: http://servicenet.dewalt.com/Products/Detail?productNumber=DXPW4240#

The only thing I added to mine was the little blue turbo nozzle. They also have the black and orange ones too. Works great.

7. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not a pressure pro either but I bought the Ryobi for about $700 with the idle down engine and soap shooter. I really like it but again . I'm not using it daily. Northern tool has good ones with Honda engines and 3-4 gpm for about a $1000.