Pressure Washer HELP

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by Cameron Kaiser, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Cameron Kaiser

Cameron Kaiser LawnSite Member

i just bought a brand new Simpson 4200 psi professional pressure washer and started it up yesterday, when I let off the trigger it shuts down and I don’t know how to fix it?

2. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Senior Member

It's under warranty right? Take it back where you got it and have them replace it. Sounds like a unloader problem.

Blainethompson likes this.
  3. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

It was spraying ok, but when you release the trigger to stop spray, it shuts down?

I think I saw this before. As I recall, in that instance, the supply water hose was not fully tightened because the washer was cocked a bit in the fitting, or else missing. I was visiting a friend and his boy had hooked it up to wash a truck, and incorrectly at that. We quickly resolved it, after seeing water dribble out. I suspect it was sucking air? Not to say that’s your issue but take a step back, start over and make sure everything is correct about the setup.

That cause may not make sense per my description, but it was a simple matter to resolve and the symptoms were the same, as I recall, but then it was some twenty years ago or so.