Pressure washer options for a fleet.

grass man 11

LawnSite Bronze Member
Interested in hearing actual user experiences from those with employees related to pressure washer options, especially if you have a fleet.

I’m in the market to buy a hot water washer. This will be used for truck, trailer and equipment. Ideally it would be electric pressure and unknown for a heat source. I was thinking 2000-2500 actual PSI and 2.5 -4.0 gal per min. Hose reel will be wall mounted so it can be a grab and go. This unit will solely be used for the shop, we have a gas unit for job sites already and the guys don’t like using it at the shop

we presently have 3 phase 208 but maybe moving locations in a year or two, and who knows if we will still have 3 phase or not. Being able to change the motor, re wire the unit to accept a different source would be nice. Skid, wheeled, or wall mounted are being considered. I have also considered smaller wall mounted units 220v and a separate heater on the pressure side.

I’m concerned with the following.

enough pressure and heat to do the job vs saftey.
Enough pressure and heat to do the job vs damage to paint and Decals or vehicle wraps.

my guys will not follow directions. So asking them to adjust heat or pressure based on what they are washing isn’t a good option.

Bigg-Lenny

LawnSite Member
Interested in hearing actual user experiences from those with employees related to pressure washer options, especially if you have a fleet.

I’m in the market to buy a hot water washer. This will be used for truck, trailer and equipment. Ideally it would be electric pressure and unknown for a heat source. I was thinking 2000-2500 actual PSI and 2.5 -4.0 gal per min. Hose reel will be wall mounted so it can be a grab and go. This unit will solely be used for the shop, we have a gas unit for job sites already and the guys don’t like using it at the shop

we presently have 3 phase 208 but maybe moving locations in a year or two, and who knows if we will still have 3 phase or not. Being able to change the motor, re wire the unit to accept a different source would be nice. Skid, wheeled, or wall mounted are being considered. I have also considered smaller wall mounted units 220v and a separate heater on the pressure side.

I’m concerned with the following.

enough pressure and heat to do the job vs saftey.
Enough pressure and heat to do the job vs damage to paint and Decals or vehicle wraps.

my guys will not follow directions. So asking them to adjust heat or pressure based on what they are washing isn’t a good option.
I’d get a set of J-Rod tips if you’re concerned with pressure. You can stick your hand in front of it without doing any damage. Keep the heat turned down if you’re concerned peeling paint and decals.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Fanatic
I’d get a set of J-Rod tips if you’re concerned with pressure. You can stick your hand in front of it without doing any damage. Keep the heat turned down if you’re concerned peeling paint and decals.
That's only if you put the correct sized tips in the jrod, which is simply the tip holder.

Top Forums