Pressure Washer purchase feedback request.

DirkWiggler

LawnSite Member
Joe homeowner that needs a pressure washer. Personal use with ZERO intention of ever trying to make money with it.

I am starting to realize the combinations of motor and pump are NUMEROUS. Here is what I have it narrowed down to.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

940AF3BE-D964-4B9C-9487-BF2F69BF50D8.png
6CD0EEB3-9D66-4BFD-A29A-59B0BC408386.png
A117F469-ABED-4D69-8565-035C5DD96C83.png
6148B49A-F274-4E59-AE20-1AA3ABCE42BF.png

Mumblingboutmowers

LawnSite Senior Member
If you are just needing one for typical homeowner things I think you can find a suitable pressure washer for much less than what these cost. I wish I could remember which one I have, had it for probably 5 years and it's done everything that I needed it to. It was a $300 or $400 machine.

Personally I would avoid all of these to save money, but I would especially avoid the one that says it's California compliant. Maybe they all are and only one points it out, but "California Compliant" always scares me as the equipment has certainly been tampered with and will have all kinds of junk on it that will cause problems. Just my opinion.

kemco

LawnSite Fanatic
I bought a Sampson from HD spent about $425 or so on it for cleaning equipment etc. It's a beast. 2500 psi I think but it may only be 2000. Kolher engine.

RussellB

LawnSite Fanatic
I have the Dewalt 3800 PSI pressure washer pictured above. Works great. Runs my concrete surface cleaner very well. I only use it at my home. Driveway is 16x100. I actually use Home depot hose end house cleaner to clean my 2 story house.

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm not sold on the stihl and my dealer rep confirmed that.. my dad has dewalt.I bought a husky on sale

OP
DirkWiggler

DirkWiggler

LawnSite Member
I'm not sold on the stihl and my dealer rep confirmed that.. my dad has dewalt.I bought a husky on sale
Interesting, could you give me a reason why? Here are a few of the pros and cons I came up with about the Stihl, I came up with these on my own so I might be WAY off.

Pro’s

Frame is beefy and solid.

Pump/hose mounted on front which would make it easier to move while hose is attached.

Engine, while not a Honda it is the Kohler Command Pro Line I believe. The Courage is the problem Kohler.

Stihl service reputation

Cons

Nowhere... I mean NOWHERE does Stihl list who manufactures the pump on the RB 600 Through research I figured out it is made by Mi-T-M. I don’t know that much about them.

$$$$$$$$$$$

Not a Honda engine

I would love to know what the Stihl rep said.

OP
DirkWiggler

DirkWiggler

LawnSite Member
Stick with 3000 - 3500 psi to stay totally happy with anything you do around the house. I certainly wish I had done that.
Did you buy over that range or under that range? I am looking for a minimum of 3GPM and some of the PSI’s can get pretty high. I could mess up a lot of stuff with 4,000 PSI unless it can be reduced at the pump.

:confused:

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Dewalt 3800, 3.5 will do you just fine, HD are everywhere and you can take it back if you don't like it.