Pressure Washer Recommendation

gchidest

LawnSite Member
Simpson PowerShot PS4240 Pressure Washer 4200 PSI Gas/Cold.

I love this, I put a regulator on the wand, bought a surface cleaner and 18' extension wand and can go to town. Extremely strong, honda motor and triple a pump. Mine has the steel frame, it's quite heavy.

Youngandfree

LawnSite Platinum Member
Don't bother with anything less than 4 gpm. Pressure is not as important. You need to research and learn what chemicals are used for what kind of dirt or growth. Proper washing with proper equipment and chemicals is way more profitable than mowing grass. These pics show how not to do it.

Attachments

rclawn

LawnSite Silver Member
Get a Graco commercial grade machine with the honda engine.

OP
One-Man Lawn

One-Man Lawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't bother with anything less than 4 gpm. Pressure is not as important. You need to research and learn what chemicals are used for what kind of dirt or growth. Proper washing with proper equipment and chemicals is way more profitable than mowing grass. These pics show how not to do it.
Did they wash the paint off...?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll check them all out.

Do any of you to pressure washing for clients? If so, what's generally the average charge?

gchidest

LawnSite Member
Did they wash the paint off...?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll check them all out.

Do any of you to pressure washing for clients? If so, what's generally the average charge?
I charge between $60 and $75 an hour. If you are using the extension wand, charge more, and you won't have to exercise for a week after. Charge extra for your chemicals. You can save a lot making your own. Some chemicals I use are borax, regular dish soap, bleach, degreaser, and Tri-sodium phosphate/TSP.
The rigid surface cleaner is one of the best and will save you so much time.
1601082643560.png

Youngandfree

LawnSite Platinum Member
Thanks, @gchidest ! So it looks like a 4gpm unit is out of my reach for now. Will a 2gpm get the job done, albeit taking longer?
Trust me it won't. My brother started with a 3.5, and even using tried and true equipment, chemicals, and techniques, it isn't as fast as a 4gpm. Save your money until you can get something proper. And cheating by the hour using something that small will take you forever, and end up looking like that deck.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, you should just do more research before you jump into striping up someone's driveway or deck or house.

Top Forums