Pressure washer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GTX LAWN, Mar 26, 2019.

1. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Just for fun blow some compressed air back thru the fuel line after removing it from the carb. I thought I had plenty of fuel flow too, but it wasn't enough and starved the engine.

Walker56 and Breezmeister like this.
  2. Grassfire205

Grassfire205 LawnSite Senior Member

I bet a fuel line has a smal crack somewhere causing to much air.

Walker56 and Breezmeister like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    GTX LAWN

GTX LAWN LawnSite Member

I’ve replaced the fuel line, now the coil, cut off switch, low oil sensor, spark plug, and it’s still only running with a spray of carburetor cleaner for 2 minutes, idle up it stalls, pressure build up it stalls. I’ve vented the gas tank, made sure the vent for the gas tank is clear, everything is done by the book. It sucks, this thing is 2 years old, and it’s about to be trashed. I’m now officially pissed

4. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you check the valve as previously suggested? Beginning to sound like it is losing compression.

5. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

For what its worth, I worked on a Riobi weed whacker once (never again). The camshaft was made of vinyl/plastic and the exhaust lobe was completely wiped off. You probably have a bigger engine but I wouldn't put it past them for using cheap parts in unexpected places.
    The surprising thing is your engine does run for a bit then dies. That usually means carb float or coil, which you've addressed. Run it with a spark tester attached to see if it dies for lack of spark or fuel. Else, I'd start tearing it down for internal issues.