Lawn Care Forum banner

Pressure Washing

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MLS 
#1 ·
I know I've posted on this before, but we have a lot of new guys on so I figured I'd ask again.
Anyone else do pressure washing as another way to supplement income or offer in your arsenal of diversity, & if so, how do you set pricing, say for a med. sz. ranch house that'd take 1 hour, or for box trucks like Ryder, or semi trailers, sidewalks (by the foot), etc.

----------
Smitty ô¿ô

Edited by: yardsmith

#2 ·
I pressure wash for a few regular customers every year. This can be a very lucrative business. I will try to post a link to a web site that has power washing industry average pricing. There is also several message boards available. Try searching the web.http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

#4 ·
Yeah we do powerwashing, we just finished a 25 unit condo complex. Took 3.5 days with 2 guys and 2 washers. We charged $2000.00
If I had to do it again, I would have charged a little more, but I keeps the guys busy and we cleared over a grand, so i am not to upset. We try to hit the 40-50 per hr range.
We had some serious mildew on these buildings and lost a day rewashing the first building, but then we prerinsed with 25% bleach,a nd they now look good as new.
In fact it saved us so much time that we made the day up, plus finished a 1/2 day early.
Dino
Dino

#6 ·
Pressure washing is a great way to still produce when it's raining. what the heck you end up getting wet anyways. I hold off on what few pressure washing jobs I get for those days. Small-Med ranch $150 to $175 including TSP on the gutter grime. Two story homes start at $200 and depending on how big the home is the price can go up quickly. my biggest so far was a two/three story colonial that brought in $650 for a day's work in the rain. not bad considering the alternative would be a big fat $0 for the day.

----------
Jim White

#7 ·
OK, here's the next question.
Those of you who do wash stuff, do you siphon the cleaning chemicals thru the hose on low press. or use a weed killer type spray-doc to apply soap/cleaner compound?

----------
Smitty ô¿ô

#8 ·
WE PRESSURE WASH WHEN EVER WE HAVE TIME. AS FOR HOW TO PUT THE CHEMICALS (BLEACH)ON THE HOUSE. I TOOK 25 DEGREE SPRAY TIP AND DRILLED A 3/16 TH HOLE IN IT. THEN TOOK AN IN-LINE CHEMICAL INJECTOR AND PUT THE SRAY TIP ON ONE END AND A MALE QUICK CONNECT ON THE OTHER END. THE CHEMICAL INJECTOR THE ATTACHES DIRECTLY TO YOUR SPAY GUN. THIS SET-UP ALLOWS YOU TO SHOOT CHEMICALS 25-30 FEET. WITH A 12 FOOT WAND AND THIS INJECTOR I CAN WASH A TWO STORY HOUSE AND NEVER LEAVE THE SECURITY AND COMFORT OF THE GROUND. THIS ALSO MAKES WASHING A HOUSE 3 TIMES FAST THAN USING A PUMP UP SPRAYER TO APLLY CHEMICALS. IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILS ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CHEMICAL INJECTOR E-MAIL ME AT morselawnservice@yahoo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.