1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Pretty good day....(rained out and all)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tamadrummer, Jul 17, 2008.

1. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer that basically just cemented my mowing with them forever....

They are buying their son a car and needed room in the garage for his car so today I inherited a brand new:

Used 4 times: 22" Toro Recycler Techumseh 6.5hp
    Used 4 times: Echo GT-200R

Never used never even had a drop of mix or bar oil in it: 20" Poulan Pro 46cc Chainsaw.

Now I know all this stuff is homeowner line stuff but I needed a 21/22" walkbehind and the Toro Recycler is a pretty good machine.

The line trimmer is garbage but I guess in an emergency it will do, I think I will take it to my local dealer and see if they will trade me for a new Stihl FS110 along with some cash of course.

And the chainsaw, I had none and now I have a brandy new one. Yes it is only emissions rated for 50 hours and will be lucky to get that but it will only get 93 octane fuel and stihl ultra 2 cycle.

They also have a wheel barrow for me and a ton of flower pots and a ton of other stuff that I cannot remember right now but the big things are listed here.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

congrats!!!

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Free stuff is always good!

4. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

If I was that despartate and proud of that, I would get the hell out the biz now, you are better off doing whatever you do.....??? :hammerhead::cool2:

5. MAD87

MAD87 LawnSite Member

It was free, so I'm sure you would take it too:nono: That doesn't mean he was desperate.:hammerhead:

He may be like me and only need a push mower for 1 yard. I have a Toro mower identical to the one he described and it cuts great. If I had to use it on 30 accounts, then I would buy a commercial...but why would you spend $800 on a mower you use twice a month?

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The only free stuff I ever get are wheelbarrows... haha