1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Preventing Summer Patch with Pillar G or otherproducts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by oqueoque, Jun 10, 2014.

1. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Jersey

I am looking to apply granular fungicides to prevent Summer Patch. I am not able to find Headway G and a distributor recommended Pillar G. Does anyone have experience with Pillar G or any other suggestions.

hort101 likes this.
  2. Mr.Roberts

Mr.Roberts LawnSite Member

Pillar G is a combination of Trinity and insignia fungicides. Mid grade, better than daconil. Works well on early and mild fungus.

3. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

No sure on modes of action but think granular would be a better preventer assuming it gets watered in properly.

I really only get about 30 days of prevention in most cases unless conditions and history are bad.

4. Mr.Roberts

Mr.Roberts LawnSite Member

Nothing works more than 30 days.

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Trying to get rid of patch diseases can be sometimes futile and almost always an expensive proces. Better to rese d those areas with a variety of grass that is not so susceptible to those diseases.

6. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Heritage G is pretty good. I agree with others, going to the 28 day mark usually gets you behind the 8 ball. Seems to me 21-maybe 24 days at best.

I hate summer patch,brown patch.

7. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Jersey

I ended up getting & using the Headway G and rotating that with Cleary's 3336. Using one every 30 days starting when conditions were appraoching favorable for Summer patch. Some things that can be also done to reduce the risk is to lower the ph as much as possible, and others have shown through studies that applications of Manganese can reduce the chance of the disease outbreak.